Anyone else on Week 1?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Stephanie972

Anyone else on Week 1?

Post by Stephanie972 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi,

I check this forum almost every day. Not just the categories that relate to me, but all of them, hoping to hear about someone.

I don't know why this forum is so quiet.

I'm not on facebook or any kind of social media. I am in another forum for support in my marriage, and it's made such a big difference in the progress I'm making there, inbetween weekly calls with my coach.

Even if you aren't on Week 1, where are you in this program?

Have you been through it before?

Have you started a journal yet? What do you use it for? I'm still not clear on that part of this program.

Anyway, maybe I'll just keep posting here and there. I'd love for this place to become an active, supportive forum.

- Stephanie

Kucek

Re: Anyone else on Week 1?

Post by Kucek » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi Stephanie, I keep getting to week three or four and have to go back. My panics have not been as frequent but the agoraphobia is in full swing? I thought it would reduce with the attacks? I think perhaps its because of the physical symptoms, but more than that I KNOW deep in my heart that the "coping skills" I am using are not that helpful. I'm sleeping a lot, too much, and I know that is my "way" of having less panics. I want to go out into the world again, slowly, baby steps, sleeping constantly is not the right way, I want too function normally and survive. Avoidance not good.

I know the chronic pain is keeping me down, if it were not for that I would probably be more recovered by now. I going too write a post soon in chronic pain forum, its been a long long time since someone posted there. Also I am still missing six teeth the dentist who left town extracted. I know Im not ready for a dentists office yet, The hard part is over....I have been on the phone for weeks trying too find mobile dentist to come too my home.....just need an x-ray or 'impression" then sent to lab for inexpensive partial dentists. I cannot afford implants. Thats probably a lot of the house-boundness..being on a walker, missing teeth and looking ghastly...I really do not want anyone too see me. And the fear of panicking and falling when out, or fainting (which never happened,) I am hoping with the program and prayer I can at least partially recover. They say "when walking thru hell..keep going" But its been a long almost 2 year walk.

For my child I cannot give up. And to win my husbands respect back. Thank you for listening and your prayers and good kind words and advice.

Stephanie972

Post by Stephanie972 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi Kucek,

It's nice to hear from you!

It sounds like you've got a lot of challenges to work through. I couldn't imagine being in a situation with a dentist leaving town before finishing his work! I'm so sorry you are going through this. I think you are doing great by taking action and calling around for possible solutions. I hope you find someone soon to help you!

I know what you mean about "coping skills", like oversleeping, to get by. I tend to isolate myself by staying home and avoiding town, driving, or arranging play dates for my kids because of the anxiety I feel when I have to talk to someone in person or over the phone.

I like that you have your son and the desire to win back your husband's respect to help you in moving forward. My husband and kids are what inspired me to come back to this program.
Through the homework in Week 1, I realized how many opportunities in one month I've missed out on because I wanted to avoid anxiety, panicky feelings, or triggers for depression. I feel bad sometimes, like I'm holding my family back from getting out and enjoying things together. But, like you said, "baby steps"!

Truthworldwide

Post by Truthworldwide » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:02 pm

Hi guys,

I'm surprised this forum is this quiet myself.
That said, keeping the journal is very key.

I've gone through this a few times, and found some of the smallest tips give the biggest results.
-Tom

Activate interlock.
Dynotherms connected, infracells up, megathrusters are go!

Form feet and legs.
Form arms and torso, and

I'll form - the head.

Kalgirl72

Post by Kalgirl72 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:36 pm

I just started week 1. Im on day 5. Im not sure how this peer support is helpful when there is never anyone on here. I dont know if thats a good or bad sign..lol

Cherryj

Post by Cherryj » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:17 pm

Cherryj yes I am would like to take this journey with another sufferer but not to sure how to navigate this system

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 am

Hi Cherry and Kal,

It's great to have you here in the forums and excited to see you are both just starting out. I would post in this thread what you are learning and experiencing. You will find that a lot of people will read your thread but have difficulty sharing or posting. Hopefully the more you share your journey the more they will too :D feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Coach Chris
coachchris@stresscenter.com

mkat

Post by mkat » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi. I'm returning to the forums. I need to make connections with other people here. I am wanting to restart the program. I bought the program in 2006 and found it to be helpful.
I've had a setback emotionally, and so I would like help and encouragement to work through the workbook and tapes again. I'm hoping to meet new people and make new friends.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:34 pm

I would love to have a coach chat during the week to help people connect and answer questions. What day and time would be good for you? Please also reply to coachchris@stresscenter.com :) sometimes I don't get notified right away from the forums and I miss messages.... :shock:

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”