Coaching Comments Lesson 1

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
coachchris

Coaching Comments Lesson 1

Post by coachchris » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Congratulations!

The first step is always the hardest step and you did it! You opened your the program box, unwrapped your CD's, thumbed through the guidebook and logged into the peer forums. Wow, take a breath and pat yourself on the back. You are strong, you are not alone and you WILL attain the peace you are seeking.

One of the first objectives in Session 1 is to "See that Control is at the base of most of our anxiety and depression."

Control, let's think about the definition of control. Webster's dictionary defines Control as:
a : to exercise restraining or directing influence over : regulate
b : to have power over : rule

When we first read that we think, yep, anxiety and depression are ruling my life and regulating everything that I do. I have NO control. With this loss of control our thinking becomes very negative and body symptoms increase.

Journal Your Journey:

• What lies did you start telling yourself when you lost your control/power?
• When you hear the word control what are the first thoughts that come to mind?
• What was happening when you lost your power to adrenalin/anxiety/depression?

Was there a perfect storm brewing in your life; maybe lack of sleep, trauma, illness or poor dietary habits?

All of us have a back story to our anxiety and depression. As you begin to understand your story you are another step closer to TAKING BACK your life.

Great Job Everyone!
The Coaching Team
Coachchris@stresscenter.com
Coaching@stresscenter.com

Truthworldwide

Re: Coaching Comments Lesson 1

Post by Truthworldwide » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:52 am

coachchris wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:44 pm
One of the first objectives in Session 1 is to "See that Control is at the base of most of our anxiety and depression."

Control, let's think about the definition of control. Webster's dictionary defines Control as:
a : to exercise restraining or directing influence over : regulate
b : to have power over : rule

When we first read that we think, yep, anxiety and depression are ruling my life and regulating everything that I do. I have NO control. With this loss of control our thinking becomes very negative and body symptoms increase.

Journal Your Journey:

• What lies did you start telling yourself when you lost your control/power?
• When you hear the word control what are the first thoughts that come to mind?
• What was happening when you lost your power to adrenalin/anxiety/depression?

Was there a perfect storm brewing in your life; maybe lack of sleep, trauma, illness or poor dietary habits?
This is a great "aftershow" to the lesson. I've gone over that tape approx. 35763542383 times for two decades, so, to hear a direct commentary by a professional - and extra questions to consider - is great.

It's like the director's commentary on your favorite flick. :D
-Tom

Activate interlock.
Dynotherms connected, infracells up, megathrusters are go!

Form feet and legs.
Form arms and torso, and

I'll form - the head.

mkat

Re: Coaching Comments Lesson 1

Post by mkat » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 am

Haha! Tom, I loved your post. Funny. And so relatable. I listened to tape 1 A LOT and haven't gone very far past it. Thank you coach chris for your posts.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”