New to this forum

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
BigEd

New to this forum

Post by BigEd » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Hello everyone - not sure if anyone reads these forums threads anymore. I recently purchased CD package and looking for some guidance. I fought anxiety and panic attacks back in 2010 and was able to get through it by taking medication and support from family/friends. But recently it came back. I'm worried that I will never be able to get my life back on track. I just want to feel normal again. Besides listening to the CDs do you guys do anything different that helps?

Also, I hope that maybe I can find a buddy here which may be going through the same thing or has gone through it.

Thank you. Here's hoping for the best.

randy c.

Re: New to this forum

Post by randy c. » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:18 am

BigEd, This website is a big help.No matter how bad you think your anxiety is you can find posts relating to you. Exercise is a must.Nothing all that hard just keep it simple.Read a good book or watch a funny show, sing along with a favorite song. Do anything to occupy your mind. Here's something that helped me---repeat to yourself over and over---ANXIETY DOES NOT CONTROL ME---and do it out loud.I visit the sight as often as I can,Maybe I will catch you in the mini chat.Good luck and remember it's just anxiety. ;)

BigEd

Post by BigEd » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:36 pm

Thanks Randy! I appreciate the words of encouragement. I wasn't sure if this site was still active. I'm glad I can talk to someone here.

Today was not a great day. I usually walk in the mornings but today I had to do a double just to help me get through it. I guess there will be days like this.

Thanks again for reaching back to me. I have to find out more about those chat sessions. I didn't know there were some available.

BigEd

Post by BigEd » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:36 pm

Thanks Randy! I appreciate the words of encouragement. I wasn't sure if this site was still active. I'm glad I can talk to someone here.

Today was not a great day. I usually walk in the mornings but today I had to do a double just to help me get through it. I guess there will be days like this.

Thanks again for reaching back to me. I have to find out more about those chat sessions. I didn't know there were some available.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”