Pregnant and Anxious

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
dnp26

Pregnant and Anxious

Post by dnp26 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:19 am

Hello,

I did this program a few years ago and it did wonders for me. I just recently found out I'm pregnant and my anxiety has come back full swing!! I have started the program over and just started week 2. Has anyone out there been pregnant while going through this. I'm having a real hard time calming myself down. I just feel anxious all day! Any support or feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Chrismarie

Re: Pregnant and Anxious

Post by Chrismarie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:26 am

Hello,
Im not pregnant but I do have a 2 year old. If I could help I will. I just started the program as well, so I feel your distress. I know hormones are crazy during pregnancy and that can make anxiety worst so its not all you. Do you do the breathing or anything? I try to distract myself with other things I know it isn't easy, but distraction does help. Sometimes I text a friend or call someone I trust and talk, sometimes I cry. I know the anxious all day feeling feels like its horrible to feel. But what I do is tell myself its just anxiety it cant hurt you it will pass, but I know the feelings worry you too, I assume the after affects. Listen if you need someone to talk to I will give you my number if you like and you could call me anytime, sometimes talking to someone about it makes you feel better and eases it. Let me know. Im happy I can respond to you, since I didn't see anyone else do so. If I can help you, it will make me happy :D

christina

dnp26

Post by dnp26 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:19 am

Hi Christina,

Thanks for responding. I was beginning to think no one uses this website anymore. I am happy to say that things are getting better. I'm not as anxious in the mornings and the anxiety doesn't linger all day. It's amazing to me how this program works. I'm on week 3 and about to start week 4 and I have noticed improvements. I have been listening to the CD's and listen to the relaxation CD at least once a day. I also signed with one of the life coaches.

I can't thank you enough for your comment. It's always nice to know there is someone else going through the same battle. We can do this! Talk to you soon.

Chrismarie

Post by Chrismarie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:15 am

Im glad you are feeling better!! Its strange cause when I used to get anxiety which was years ago I used to be afraid to be alone that something would happen to me or I would go crazy worrying and thinking, and now I drive and stuff but I still worry about being alone then all these crazy things go thru my head and I worry some more. Its hard at times to listen to tapes and stuff because of my son and I have a 9 year old daughter and my husband doesn't get home from work till after 8 every night, which doesn't leave me time for myself ever. I catch my self anticipating the next day will I be this way tomorrow, will it ever go away, will I ever feel normal again. I also find that when I feel kind of okay, it feels like it isn't real or something, do you get that. Anyway, glad to hear from you, keep in touch, can always use some tips!!!!

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Hello All,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. Great work both of you! I love to hear your commitment to feeling better. Chrismarie-are you using the 6 steps from lesson 2? They were very helpful to me in working through the adrenalin. I always felt like I had to run from it and fear it but after going through lesson 2 and learning the breathing techniques in the relaxation cd I was able to float with adrenalin and get my control back.

Dnp-I sent you a private message a few days ago. It doesn't look like you received it. Either of you feel free to PM me or email me at bootcamp@stresscenter.com

We are here to help.
Coach Chris

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”