agraphobia

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
vpp

agraphobia

Post by vpp » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi everyone,
Just restarting program.
I am suffering from panic attacks that has gone into agraphobia. I cannot drive far and It is very hard for me to go outside...open spaces. Most of the time I have to hold on to a friend when outside. My life is hell. Anyone have any encouragement. I want my life back.
Thanks.

randy c.

Re: agraphobia

Post by randy c. » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:54 pm

V, welcome back.How did you do the first time with the program? How long have you had these symptoms? Maybe its negative thinking or anticipatory anxiety. Just something to think about. Stop by the chatroom sometime and share your story. :)

LyssaMA22

Post by LyssaMA22 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Hey, I can relate to you.
I'm just starting out for the first time with this program and I have severe anxiety and depression and also panic disorder. I also have a really hard time with leaving the house, driving far, and being around people who I don't trust/don't know my situation or how to handle me when I'm having an episode!
But guess what, it WILL get better. This is not forever. I've had a HORRIBLE last few days, and I just wanted to quit, but we gotta push forward! I have found that the more you go out, the easier it comes. You'll have bad days but who doesn't ? We have to keep our heads up. We deserve to live life again!!
I may not have tons of encouragement right now, but if you need to talk, I am definitely here and can relate! Keep pushing!

-Lyss

LizzieM

Post by LizzieM » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi there.
At my worst point, I was agoraphobic and couldn't really leave the house. It was hard for me to even get past the porch without having a panic attack, so I definitely know how you feel.

It IS possible to recover, though. Please believe that. It took me a couple years, (and a couple times through the program) to get myself out of that, but today, even though I still struggle with anxiety, I can proudly say I'm not agoraphobic anymore. I have no limitations on where I can go or be, and I don't let my body symptoms overwhelm me.

So hang in there, and please be patient. It takes time and lots of practice, but you can get your life back.

vpp

Post by vpp » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:12 pm

Thank you all so much.
Randy C, when is the chat room?

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:46 am

vpp, you can go to the mini-chat anytime. On mondays @ 10 pm est. and fridays @ 12 pm est. coach chris has free coaching thats probably the best times. But you can catch someone there anytime. :)

vpp

Post by vpp » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:48 pm

thank you Randy C.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”