Anyone starting program want to do together?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Mary B.

Anyone starting program want to do together?

Post by Mary B. » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:59 am

Hi,
My name is Maria and I have a history of anxiety/panic disorder and I completed this program with a coach about 6 yrs again. It was def helpful and I have gotten by panic attack free for a while but I guess it's human nature to fall back into old habits without realizing it. My panic attacks started again about 1 yr ago and it has been a nightmare of a roller coaster ride. I thought that having had the experience under my belt I was safe from getting caught in the vicious debilitating cycles again. Have tried to recover w/out meds but apparently I need them. Been taking lexapro and Xanax Xl for 1 wk and although I feel calmer I'm obsessing over side effects-lol. So I finally unburied my attacking anxiety program and want to go through it again. Thought it would be helpful to go about it with others. Pls let me know if you are up for it. I think I would be more of a commitment and effective. Thanks

taco161

Re: Anyone starting program want to do together?

Post by taco161 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:32 am

hey mary my name is Nick. This is my second time trying the program. I will take this journey with you. It sounds like you and I both could support each other and say hey we can do this. I'm on medication and hopefully my goal is to get off the medication and use this program regularly. I'm on session 3. I'm going to get involved in the mini chat support groups. I need to get a journal and spiral notebook and start really writing. I use relaxation techniques, exercising on a regular basis and cutting back on the caffeine. It's been doing wonders for me. I just need to get myself more dedicated and keep practicing.

Mary B.

Re: Anyone starting program want to do together?

Post by Mary B. » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:49 am

Hi Nick,
Happy to see your reply. I have been doing relaxation cd but not have gone any further with lessons. I hav basically been on survival mode esp stress of holidays and even though the meds Lexapro and Xanax XR for about 1 wk has prevented major PA I'm feeling O energy and this inner weakness. I don't exercise bc I hav an irrational fear when my heart accelerates. I also have Mitral valve prolapse which is a non life threat but make me more symptomatic esp my heart symptoms. It really is miserable. I'm so sad about feeling so out of it very the holidays. My kids are so excited but I'm too consumed with myself to share in the joy. Sorry for being such a downer. I wish everyone as symptom free a holiday as possible. I know that I will get through it. Talk soon.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”