Someone want to do this with me?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
niksmooth

Someone want to do this with me?

Post by niksmooth » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:48 pm

I have started this program probably literally over 20 times and have not once completed it. I think the farthest I have gotten is lesson 7 or 8. I need to really follow through this time. I have been having a hard time with panic attacks and just anxiety in general. My husband was in a head on collision in June which he is doing well now, but I think in general all of that on top of my every day struggle with anxiety, my world kept closing in and eventually the panic attacks started up again (I haven't had one in probably 3+ years). My doctor thinks it was also PTSS. I ended up pretty my housebound and didn't socialize. The antidepressants they put me on made me WAY worse. I am now on Buspar and Lorazepam. I don't want to live on medication, so that is why I need to carry out this promise to myself and finally finish the program. Anyway, I was off of work for 2 months due to it and am now back part time, but dread going back full time, but finances are getting tight and I have a 2 year old son that needs me too. I have gotten better, but I still live in fear each day. So, with that being said....if anyone wants to jump on the journey with me, let me know :D

Amare

Re: Someone want to do this with me?

Post by Amare » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi, I would love to go through this program with you. I can relate to what ypu are going through. I have started this program so many times and just never followed through. But, I owe it to myself to do this.Private message me and we cam create a game plan.

gorda

Post by gorda » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:27 am

Hi my name is lily this will be my 3rd or 4th x trying it again...2 years ago I was put on prozac and I took it for aboutv8 months and did great and I started enjoying life again. Then I got pregnant and was taken off and I did well. It was not until my daughter was about 5 months that I got a panick attack and gradually have been getting them get depresses, anxiety I feel like I cant function and I live in somewhat fear to. I tell my self that I need to get better I have 2 kids that need me and not just 50% of me.. im going to try this again and hopefully finish it this time. God bless every one of you :D

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:58 am

You all can join the group run through that I started here on the forums although we're on lesson 2 right now...its called Empowering Group Program Run through. This week's is in the lesson 2 section.

niksmooth

Post by niksmooth » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:03 am

Thanks Ninjafrodo2 :)
I was just going to let the other 2 know the name of your group so they can join in so we all have more support. I will be starting session 2 today to catch up and will check in later!

niksmooth

Post by niksmooth » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:33 am

Amare & Lily -
Do you want to join with the other group so that there is more people for support and reassurance? You can PM me or just respond in here.

Amare

Post by Amare » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Yes, I will join in! ;)

niksmooth

Post by niksmooth » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:26 am

Yay Amare! See you there :)

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”