Welcome to week 1

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
missyrachy

Welcome to week 1

Post by missyrachy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Back in 2003 I used this program with a good deal of success! I am preparing to journey thru again. I have less time this time but I still want to give my all. I have a good job. A young daughter. I am a single mom. Go to college part time. I am in a negative anxious and depressed place right now. I am consider meds as I go thru the program again but I am not sure.

Please join me :)

missyrachy

Re: Welcome to week 1

Post by missyrachy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:14 am

Some background information. Back in 2003 I had come out of a crazy abusive situation and I was basically full of anxiety, depression and home bound. I went through the program, got an ok job; started living life a little differently. Met Mr. Wrong; we were together the past ten years; had a daughter together. I finally got the gumption to leave our bad relationship. Here I am today. Dealing with things in the past and trying to move on. I am that anxious personality type and I have I have antianxiety meds but also antidepressants. I haven't started the antidepressants; I am so anxious about it but I am socially shut down; and so full of anxiety about work. I still attend but its been difficult. I want to get on track and be more positive.

Samanthasicknes

Post by Samanthasicknes » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:15 am

i think its grate u guys are going over the program again this is my 2nd time going through it an i know i didnt spend the time needed to first time so i am takeing it extra slow ,but i think just recaping on the important parts really helped out. i hope u stick with it if u need any help or someone to talk to please send me a message

missyrachy

Post by missyrachy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:30 pm

I just did the homework and it kind of grounded me a little ....like I have been so caught up with my anxiety and depression for so long it kind of separated me from it. I am still considering the med I just keep thinking if it'd help me faster and to feel better in the long run maybe it'd be for the best.

Thank you Lucinda and everyone involved with this program it truly is a blessing.

Samanthasicknes

Post by Samanthasicknes » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:22 am

u are doing grate ! if u think u mite need meds then go for it thats y its thare ya know ,just take it slow, dont forget that thare are natural remidies too like i take st. johns wort for my moods it helps keep me on the happy side with less moodswings lol but i know u wll get better it just takes time i hope the best for u

missyrachy

Post by missyrachy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:44 am

PMS this past week I was so irritable and moody. The past SUMMER has been tough. My job is demanding and my negative energy has really been dragging me down. This and my lack of socializing concerns me. I worry that I am just not being a good enough person!? Living life full enough. I like to keep to myself but I can't open up to anyone. My closest friend is my mother who...well we used to have a good relationship but in light of certain events from the past things have changed. And I am a newly single mom as of the beginning of this year. So its been a roller coaster of a ride!

So with that said. The medication? It drives me bonkers. I just keep worrying what if its not right for me and messes with my mind. What if it makes it so I can't be a good parent to my daughter! lol. Yes, I am totally the anxiety description that Lucinda gives. lol.

Midwestwmn

Post by Midwestwmn » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi my name is Rose, I am once again trying to work the program. I usually get to chapter 2 and somehow get side tracked. I REALLY need to work the program as I am on a 2 week leave of absence from work for stress.

I just finished listening to CD1 and Lesson 1 plus the relaxation CD as well. I still feel very stressed but I am hopeful the program will really work for me.

missyrachy

Post by missyrachy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi Rose I am wrapping up week one right now. We can do this we are worth it... :) my job is stressful too. You need this it will help your physical health as well. It's really a great program.

Samanthasicknes

Post by Samanthasicknes » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:02 pm

u guys are going grate! im so pround of u guys! i know how hard it is to start the change but it is the first step to feeling better im on session 6 and its been so much help so far . i know what really helps me is if im feeling bad is working on the program just doing the relax tape or reading my workbook if im doing that i feel like in doing somthing produtcive that will help me and the ppl around me will be happyer if i am happyer ya know please wright me if u like to talk more about somehting i will be here for you u guys are strong and i know u can do this just take it slow

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”