Has anyone else felt like a failure for not finishing this?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Dixiesmom

Has anyone else felt like a failure for not finishing this?

Post by Dixiesmom » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:47 pm

So, I am starting all over for the third time. I have made it more than half way before and then quit. Not because I thought I was doing better (although I was) and didn't need it anymore. This needs to become a way of life for me. But, I become so bogged down with life that I fall behind and quit. With 4 kids, it is easy to have so much to do, that you quit doing for yourself. Has anyone else been there? Have you been there and made it through the program?

findpeace

Re: Has anyone else felt like a failure for not finishing th

Post by findpeace » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:51 am

Only thing I can say is to keep trying, even if there's a period where you haven't done anything, just pick up where you left off.

missyrachy

Post by missyrachy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Just keep pushing forward. With our anxiety we tend to throw the towel in; get depressed and make excuses. Just keep thinking of it as doing something special for you. Commit to making it to the end. You can do it. Don't judge yourself just be kind and trust in you.

Pamela64

Post by Pamela64 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Yes, I have a hard time staying with the program and end up starting over and over. It's hard for me to follow through.

missyrachy

Post by missyrachy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:30 am

Oh I understand. I used to be so focused with fitness and stuff. Now I struggle with it. They say if its important to you, you will do it otherwise you will make an excuse. I think at this point in my life, working full time, college part time, and you daughter I can only fit a different type of fitness than what I was used to. Its not as rigorous but as long as I keep trying my best. Instead of having that fatalistic all or nothing mentality? Just keep trying to move forward and reward yourself for completing it. Its apart of the anxiety / depression. Just giving up and saying whats wrong with me? Why couldn't I do it? It's ok. Maybe now isn't a good time for it? Maybe medication would help? I have gotten lax going into week three but I want to go through it. If I am not in a better place by the end or even midway I am starting on antidepressants.

deb123

Post by deb123 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:48 am

just pick up where you left off.
I love that idea. You could even go back one week, but I'd suggest just starting over.

For the Original Poster, could you listen to the sessions and write in our journal and do the workbook while the kids watch tv or play a game in the room? I know mom and kid time is important (I don't have kids but loved it with my mom), but you need some me time too. When the kids are doing homework, you do your "homework" for the session. When they're reading/looking books, you look over the A&D book.

Maybe even take your time with each session. There's no rush. You are on your own time table. And I still like the idea to pick up where you left off, you don't need to start over.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”