Starting the Program again from Week 1

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Booba826

Starting the Program again from Week 1

Post by Booba826 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I started using this program a few times. I get up to week 3 or 4, feel better then stop. This time I am determined to finish it. My generalized anxiety decreased alot from what it was. I still get anxiety episodes but for the most part work through them. My biggest things have been going out with people, being in situations where I feel like I can't leave causing me to avoid going to dinners, wedding, etc., and doing new things. I really thought I was doing better and handling my anxiety better for the most part and I am until yesterday, and I realized I will never be able to do certain things in life that I love because of feeling "trapped. Here is what happened to me yesterday.

For months all I have been talking and thinking about is getting a cosmetic elective procedure. About 2 years ago I scheduled the appointment, and the next day realized there was no way I could go through with it due to anxiety and cancelled, losing my $500 deposit. My anxiety has gotten better with the little things and I realized I was now ready.I have been waiting and waiting for the perfect time (have time off from work), and finally the time had arrived. I did my research, found a good doctor and decided I would do it in the summer. As time got closer to scheduling it I got a little nervous, then I get excited. Yesterday I went and paid the $1,550 deposit. As soon as I did that I was in full panic attack. I couldn’t think straight, had diarrhea and was sick to my stomach. I couldn’t think of anything positive because I had all these negative feelings going on, and I just didn’t want it anymore. I become petrified of the idea. What exactly I was afraid of I don’t know. I wasn’t afraid of the procedure, maybe a little nervous of complications but I feel I will be fine. Its like I was afraid of the anxiety I knew I would have until the day of. I was feeling complete panic and then thinking that the day of my pre-op visit I would feel that same anxiety and run out of the office screaming. I was picturing me the day of the surgery freaking out feeling as I do right now. I felt trapped with this fear like it wouldn’t go away. I couldn’t think straight I was in a trans almost with clouded thought of negativity and unable to feel excited about anything, just sick to my stomach. I kept feeling guilty about how I have saved my money for this for a year and put $1,550 on a down payment that I knew I could never go through with the procedure because of my anxiety. I do want the procedure done. I am just scared of this anxiety that doesn’t go away. I ended up making up a fake story and getting my money back tomorrow. Thank God the lady will give me my money back. I was happy and excited about the procedure, drove 2 hours and gave the down payment and locked in my surgery date. By the time I left the office I got sweaty and queezy and the thoughts started and I was in full panic mode that I was not stuck and had to get out of the situation ASAP because its the only way the anxiety would stop. I feel so disappointed in myself. I am telling myself now that I do want this, and will get it done in September which I hope I can. I want this done but I get all this fear inside of me, and that feeling I can’t handle. The only way it goes away is to cancel the appointment. I now cancelled the appointment, I feel somewhat calmer, and I am back to the drawing board of wanting it done again. This is horrible.

Dixiesmom

Re: Starting the Program again from Week 1

Post by Dixiesmom » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:38 pm

I honestly have to say that I've never been through anything quite like that. I am so consumed with guilt about spending money (especially on myself) that if I had made it far enough to make the down payment, I would go through with it out of guilt of losing any money. Definitely sounds like you need to work on Session 2, practice your breathing and self - talk before trying again. The thought of losing over $1,500 makes me anxious for you!!! :lol: Best wishes!

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”