New to the Program

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
austin88

New to the Program

Post by austin88 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:26 am

Hi I'm new to the program. I did well made it all the way to session four but feel like I need to go all the way back to session 1 and start from the beginning. I am looking for someone or others to go through the program with me for support. I am 24 just moved all the way out to Las Vegas by myself and am living on my own. It has not been easy. I have constant anxiety from being away from home and learning to live on my own. I am my own worst enemy. Every day I battle chest pains/anxiety and depression. I have a long way to go and just an extra boost of support would go a long way. I look forward to hearing from you.

coachchris

Re: New to the Program

Post by coachchris » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi Austin88

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. It's great to have you here and we celebrate with you your courage to make such big changes in your life and to let them teach you along the way.

It's OK to go back and start over just remember that change/growth is a process. As I was growing through the program I found out early on that not everyday was going to be a better day, especially when the body had so much adrenalin. I learned to be patient with myself. Breathe through the harder days. Take good care of the body and stay present moment. Don't get too far into the future. I would write out your top 10 negative thoughts/fears that are recycling themselves and replace each one with the positive truth. This can be hard but it helps us to unlayer the fears instead of just allowing them to shut us down. You can ask yourself, "what is the worst thing that could happen?" Make sure your response is realistic and then move toward problem solving. One positive statement that we all use a lot is that, certain thoughts are just not helpful or true. I repeated that a lot.

Lastly I would write out 3 successes everyday and celebrate all of the courageous choices you have already made.
We are here to help you.
The best way to connect with others on the forums is to reach out, be positive and encourage others. It takes time to build relationships. We have a lot of neat people connected here. We're glad to have you along!

Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”