Session 1

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Midwestwmn

Session 1

Post by Midwestwmn » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:58 pm

I have been doing the program for about a week. My issue is fear of people who intimidate me. I transferred at work from a boss who was a bully with hopes going to another boss things would be different . She was incredibly intimidating and treated me more like a slave than an employee. But low and behold when I went to the next boss he turned out to be the same but I am finding myself standing up to him and saying no to extra shifts and for now we are comprimising. He let me know that going forward I would be working 2 extra shifts a week so I went to his boss to complain. Supposedly there was a meeting today where that was supposedly talked about. I actually had stood up my previous boss too and she did not like it and has been not speaking to me since. I am also working out each day by using my Wii fit. I have also joined a dating site. I also have both a eating compulsion and a spending sompulsion; I feel if I find positive things to do (exercising, dating, etc.) these activities will fill up my time where eating overboard and spending overboard will no longer be as important to me.

Midwestwmn

Re: Session 1

Post by Midwestwmn » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:07 pm

The assignment for session 1 is to identify any depression that may be present, focus on a clear picture of depression and begin activities that will start to alleviate and uplift. It is my hope that these activities will do this.

Midwestwmn

Post by Midwestwmn » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:10 pm

I also adopted a kitten and she has been really good for me, her name is Fiona-Jasmine and she is a calico. She looks like an australian shepherd with all her colors.

E. Ann

Post by E. Ann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:16 am

Good luck to you! I'm glad you're working your way out of depression and starting to do things to keep you from isolating yourself. I first did the program in 2010 and it made a huge difference in my life. I used to be so anxious that I could not be in crowds of people and even socializing one-on-one was difficult. I felt I had no friends and wouldn't do anything "fun" because I was too afraid of what people would think. The first time around with the program I discovered a lot about myself and was able to combat the anxiety and start to be assertive. Unfortunately, I allowed myself to be drawn back into my negative thought process and so I am starting again with the program. I am no longer extremely anxious like I once was, but I recognize that I am becoming depressed again and so I know I need to combat that. Good luck to you and I'm glad that there are others, like you, that I can share this journey toward happiness with.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”