LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO GO THROUGHT THE PROGRAM WITH

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
LoriK

Re: LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO GO THROUGHT THE PROGRAM WITH

Post by LoriK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:07 pm

I did join a workout center but have only been able to get there one or two times a week. I like the program so far but I honestly feel overwhelmed. Between listening to the lessons, doing the relaxation exercise, doing the workbook, trying to do a little of the suggested readings plus trying to start a workout program I do feel like all my extra time is spent focusing on my anxiety. I decided to put down the CD's for a week, journal a bit more and read at night. I know this is a self-paced program so it's okay to do what works for me. Just knowing I have the lessons to pick up again offers it's own reassurance. I am tired of being tired, if you know what I mean. So far I am learning a lot about my thinking and that will not change overnight. Patience and practice is what I keep telling myself.

jamiemccool

Post by jamiemccool » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 pm

I have tried to start the diet and have been doing well at it I havnt really had any sugar and I have not had any caffeine but im so tired all the time so im trying to find something to boost my energy a little I havnt done the exercise at all lol I don't have time for it. but im gonna try to start sometime soon. and I also have slowed down on the cds for a while I have been reading her book from panic to power and I also ordered her other books so I have been working with them and I journal when I remember to write in it lol session 3 has got me stuck on it though so that's another reason why I kinda started on the books I felt like I was spending to much time on it.

LoriK

Post by LoriK » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Good for you Jamie that you started watching your diet. Every step in the right direction is a step closer to being anxiety free and having more peace of mind. Interestingly enough I noticed in the workbook at the end of lesson 3 that many people stop there. That offered some reassurance -- I felt as though I was not the only one finding the program overwhelming. I'm back on track though. I relistened to lesson three and then listened to lesson two as suggested. I am journaling, exercising when I can and focusing on what I am doing instead of what I am not. I bought a little notebook to carry in my purse to write down my anxious thoughts. My plan is to move onto lesson four beginning tomorrow. I keep telling myself that I am doing this one day at a time and that I need to be patient with myself.

Janetpm

Post by Janetpm » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi everyone! I was wondering if I could join you? I have extreme panic attacks, I've had them most of my life. I'm female & going thru the program. I am on session 5, but I keep going back to previous lessons.

jamiemccool

Post by jamiemccool » Fri May 03, 2013 12:47 am

janetpm sure u can join id love to have u go thru it with me!!!! :D

bollen

Post by bollen » Mon May 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi
I see this forum started back in February, so I'm 3 months behind you guys, but I would like an idea on how you are doing and would appreciate any support. I am a 75 year old male and had my first attack at age 12 sitting at a Church Christmas concert, when I had to rush out and go home.Since then I have had episodes of anxiety disorder that come and go, although I have always had it at the back of my mind. I was very bad in the 70s, but it went away after my mother died.(long story). In later years I travelled extensively in my job and flew nearly every week. The problem has become bad again now I am retired. I retired in 2000 and retired to Florida, where I started playing tennis, golf, kayaking etc. One by one my body let me down so now gardening is about all thats left, ands I can't do much of that in the heat and getting angina. So the agoraphobia has come back big time. I have been tried on every anti depressant out there with no effect except bad side ones. I took so much valium over the years that I have to take 40mg just to go shopping. We used to cruise, but now I am scared to do it, and had to cancel a 150 mile trip to stay with friends. Two weeks ago we did travel about 75 miles and stayed at a hotel and I did reasonably well. I had been on the course three weeks. Unfortunately I inexplicably fell while walking along a concrete path and knocked out a tooth, hurt my knees and shoulder, so now I'm nervous about even walking on tarmac.Listening to the tapes it doesn't seem agoraphobia is adressed to any degree, and I'm wondering if I'm wasting my money? Any comments would be much appreciated. Thank you, Stu

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”