Night Panic

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
mintflower1

Night Panic

Post by mintflower1 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:37 am

Hi everyone! I went through this program ( on cassette tape!) about 9 years ago and it changed my life. I was very depressed, agoraphobic, and having panic attacks. I have been doing really well. But for one thing... a few years after not having panic attacks anymore, I started waking with them at night-- about an hour after going to sleep. My Dr. prescribed Atenolol, a small dose of a Beta blocker and that helped a lot ( I also used to get heart palpitations more). A few years with no problem and just when I thought I would try going off the med... the night panic started again--- my heart doesn't race so much, but I wake with a burst of adrenaline. I would prefer not to use the med because I think it may be causing elevated blood sugar. But at this point I just want to sleep!

I feel this must be coming from anxiety. Even though I am living normally now-- I know my thoughts are still in such a way that I worry or put pressure on myself (we adopted a seven year old from foster care in addition to 3 teenagers and I know my life is crazy). I think I will go through the program again... now that I am clear headed I should get a lot out of it!

Any support or ideas about the night panic? Excercise? Natural remedies? I thought it might be like apnea waking me... but I have 25 lbs and not snoring anymore.
Thanks!

coachchris

Re: Night Panic

Post by coachchris » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:01 am

Hi Mintflower,

Thank you for your post and congratulations on all of your success with the program. It sounds to me like your body is telling you that things need to slow down some during the day. When we are in busy, busy, hurry, hurry mode it can be difficult for the body to shift into rest and sleep soundly. I have the same experience if there is a lot going on in my schedule.

I do recommend regular exercise and using the relaxation cd twice daily. This will help keep the body more calm. You mentioned blood sugar. When is your last meal in the evening? Do you have a problem with your blood sugar? Way to go losing so much weight too! Well done!

I will private message you some of the supplements I like to take when my adrenalin level is high. Have your tried our evening sleep supplement? I can't bring up the link right now but it is on our home page. We could send out a free 2 week sample if you would like to try it.

As you go through the program pay close attention to lesson 2, 3, 4, 13 and 14. Be sure to take good care of you!

I will private message you and look forward to getting your reply.

Here to help,
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”