New

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
pookie4

New

Post by pookie4 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi I am new to this...and just started the program this week. I live in fear all the time about everything scary. Getting a mental illness, going crazy, being the people in the news, becoming like someone out of a scary movie...Any advice

coachjanine

Re: New

Post by coachjanine » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:53 am

Hi! And welcome to the Forum and StressCenter's Program! What you are going through is so typical of people who suffer from anxiety. We just make up a bunch of bad thoughts in our mind and we make the choice to believe them. We can make the choice to create good thoughts (that by the way, are always true) in our mind and we will feel better. This program is a process, so please try to be patient and do your best each day. Listen to the tapes, exercise, relaxation, and follow the workbook. Don't worry about how you will feel in the end. Just work every day on feeling better. You will discover so many great things about yourself along the way. It is actually fun!

Janine

Snowden26

Post by Snowden26 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Pookie4,
I too experience feelings of anxiety related to thinking scary things. I can't watch the news without thinking that I could do something terrible like those on the tv or thinking that I am crazy or not right in the head. Hang in there! I am on lesson 1 of the program and just starting out too. Your not alone!!

DonnaMarieMary

Post by DonnaMarieMary » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:50 am

Hi. I am new also, and I understand about the scary thoughts. I watch dramas about rape and violence all the time, and I also have PTSD, and these shows and movies just add to my scary thoughts, because I have been gang raped. I don't know why I watch this stuff when it just increases my anxiety and thoughts in my head. I get bored with regular movies and do not find comedies to be very funny. Is there something else wrong with me or is this just the anxiety issues I have????

DonnaMarieMary

Post by DonnaMarieMary » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:41 pm

I get scary thoughts, also. I just started out and am looking for a buddy.
Please reply to my post if you are interested and let's get to know a little about each other. :)

DonnaMarieMary

Post by DonnaMarieMary » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:42 pm

I get scary thoughts, also. I just started out and am looking for a buddy.
Please reply to my post if you are interested and let's get to know a little about each other. :)

SueAust

Just started program

Post by SueAust » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:38 am

The message the first week to be in the present was very powerful.
Feeling angry or guilt you are thinking about the past.
Feeling fear you are thinking about things in the future.
I have a few couple of people in my life who upset me and I have realized I am feel angry because I am thinking of what they have done instead of thinking about the now.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:21 am

Hi Sue,
Living present moment is so powerful. The present moment is where we get grounded and find peace. Most of us avoid be mindful because then we would have to be responsible for our own thoughts and feelings. Congratulations on taking responsibility and learning mindfulness. (lesson 4) You're doing amazing.

CoachChris
coachchris@stresscenter.com

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”