New here, again.

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Jeremy36

New here, again.

Post by Jeremy36 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:43 pm

just started session one yesterday after first trying the program two years ago. I didn't finish the program two years ago. I am currently tapering off of Clonazepam and my anxiety has been through the roof. So here I am starting the program again with full intention to complete it this time and be rid of a life time of anxiety and panic once and for all. Any tips or pointers are greatly appreciated. I see there a quite a few people here trying this program for the second time. I wish you all the best of luck. So far I have found the relaxation recording to be a little less than relaxing. I wish there were three separate recordings, one focused on breathing, one on muscle tension and relaxation, and a third on guided imagery. I feel like doing all three in one 15 minute session is a little too jam packed. I will keep trying it and see how it goes. Anyone else feeling this way?

missgsr

Re: New here, again.

Post by missgsr » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi Jeremy,
I too have been meaning to start the program again from the beginning. Just need to get those darn CDs onto my iPod!
I wasn't huge on the relaxation CD either so I just started searching for ones I did like....and I found a TON. It doesn't really even have to be a "relaxation" CD exactly...just whatever makes you feel relaxed. One of my favorites is a recording of a talk given by Eckhart Tolle (one of my new heroes). He, like Lucinda, experienced the pits of hell and taught himself how to live with joy again.
I would strongly suggest finding separate CDs for the things you'd like to focus on. Amazon is GREAT with the whole "people who bought this also liked this" thing.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi Jeremy,

My name is Chris and I am a coach here at the StressCenter.com. The relaxation CD can be hard to get started. I like your idea of just focusing on one relaxation response at a time. I also found that doing it 3 minutes at a time was good for me because it was difficult for me to sit still. This is all about taking baby steps in a positive direction. Glad to see that you are determined to bring peace into your life.

Here to help.
Coach Chris

angie611

Post by angie611 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:34 am

I purchased this program 5 maybe 6 years ago. Never got past the second tape. I found myself laying in bed praying to God to help me. I happen to catch the program on stress and anxiety on the television. I cried thrum the whole thing. Then I proceeded to find my tapes. I am on my way to getting better. I am so excited to have change. Wish me luck. Angie

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi Angie!

My name is Chris and I am a coach here at Stress. How great to read your post. God has peace and abundance planned for you! Follow your weekly schedule on page 9 in your guidebook. You can see some of my other posts in the Personal Coaching forum. Keep us posted.

We are here to help.
Coach Chris

shouldbegrateful

Post by shouldbegrateful » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:09 am

I too am starting the program again. I just began the other day after my anxiety has held me captive for the last three weeks, more captive than normal I should say. I also started seeing a therapist for the first time in years and hope the combination finally licks this disease for good. I want my life back. It has been a long journey so far for me. My anxiety presents itself in health fears ~ I constantly think I have something medically wrong with me, dispite being tested and reassured and then tested again. I REALLY relate to Ken's story in session one where he says that was the condition for him, running to the emergency room in a panic and then being sent home to just deal and move through the day. That's not living. This isn't living. And it has recently occurred to me that my youngest child has not know the better me. She was only 2 when I started freaking out and I haven't been normal since. Anyway, good luck to both of us, hope we can share success stories here soon.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:47 am

Good job everyone. Stick with your weekly schedule and fill your mind with positive truths. You can do this :)

Here to help.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”