Back again

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
peace83

Back again

Post by peace83 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:59 pm

I started the program almost a year ago for the first time but I did not stay with it. Well, Im back on it again and this time I hope I stay with it. I want to overcome my fears, it has gotten to the point where I can no longer run from it. I want to live my life, I dont want to look back on my life twenty years from now and still be dealing with the same problems. Problems I could have dealt with today..now. I just tell myself to take it one day at a time and I try not to go a day without listening to the CD or reading something positive. I know things wont change over night and I know I will be more anxious but I know it will be all worth it in the end. The first step is amitting there is a fear that there is something there I am letting hold me back. I just want the best for myself, I just want to know my self worth, to appreicate myself, to place myself first, to say "NO" when needed or when I dont feel like doing something without feeling bad about it. Its not about people its about ME. I had a surgeon today call me stupid without calling me stupid, who is he to judge me. I was nervous without showing it so when he was saying certain stuff I would respond by asking him what is he doing about the problem but I felt after that maybe I could have defended myself more. When I talk to my co workers about it they just felt my pain because they know how he is and they had to at one time deal with him too. Its said, whatever you take from a person that is what they will give you, well thats what he's giving but thats not what I want to take anymore... Im always worried about the consquences but who cares about the conquences...I have to step out on faith and know that God has the first and last say, God knows my life, so why be afraid and why fear. I tell people or show people how to treat me and thats how they should treat me. Who am I trying to please... What a world. I demand to be treated with RESPECT...

coachchris

Re: Back again

Post by coachchris » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:04 am

Welcome Back Peace83!

I love your determination. It sounds like to you are ready to commit to making permanent lasting changes. It does take time and lots of patience. Set little goals, go into work prepared and have some positive selftalk with you. I would also write out 10 things that make you valuable and read through them daily. Pay close attention to lessons 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8.

Lots of water, relaxation, healthy eating and exercise.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Here to help,
Coach Chris

peace83

Post by peace83 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:46 am

Thank You, CoachChris for your support it means a lot to me. I will keep you updated!!! Thanks again!!

hacv6048

Post by hacv6048 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:06 am

Hey Peace, how are you? My name is Adrian and i am back at it again also. I couldn't stay focused and committed to the program as I probably could have and should have but i am returning again because i feel like the problem is not going to go away without the effort and the commitment this program deserves but most importantly i feel like i deserve to give myself the chance to commit to the program because i owe to myself to overcome this condition as i am sure that you feel as well.
I look around me and i see a lot folks that can't comprehend how i feel or can't understand what i tell them on how i feel and my thoughts because they haven't gone thru it and because their lives have so much going on for themselves that i can't even accused them of being inconsiderate therefore i wanted to ask you that since you are also re-committing yourself to the program and since we can comprehend each other a little better because we face the same condition that we work together and keep in touch to see if we can help each other to keep on progressing and keep each other focused. i know that i can use the motivation and someone to help keep me focused and i will return the favor too when you need it.

Sincerely,

Adrian

peace83

Post by peace83 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:40 pm

I sure would like that, the more support the better. I know you can get through any of your obstacles. One thing I always remember from the sessions is you have to have self control over yourself. You can either go to the right or to the left. You have self-control, you just have to use it and believe it.

Good luck..

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”