session 1 help!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
jgomez1226

session 1 help!

Post by jgomez1226 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:11 pm

I got this program about 2 years ago when i was 18, my anxiety was starting to get pretty bad. It got me to be anti social and not even leave my apartment. i opened it and gave it a quick review and then never actually tried the program. 2 years later my anxiety has gotten to the point that this program is my last resort and i really want follow it 100% but i lost all my flash cards. is there any way any one can share what the 1st week says? thank you! -jose

mcshope

Re: session 1 help!

Post by mcshope » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:29 am

Hi Jose,
Here is the info in the card for week one.

Anxiety: Symptoms, Causes And Common Fears
- I can't change the past
-I can change my attitude
- I can change my present
- This condition is temporary
- Knowledge is power
- I am intelligent, creative and capable
- I am open to learning new skills
- I am proud of myself for the changes I am making this week.
- It's just anxiety

"I can't control the wind, but I can control my sails"

1. Notice personality trails that encourage anxiety
2. Begin to appreciate the positive side of our personality
3. You can change the way you think
4. Begin making behavior changes
5. Begin journaling
6. Slow down in all ways.
7. Begin an exercise routine and reduce caffeine.
8. Recovery is a gradual PROCESS.
9. Use relaxation audio session three times daily.
10. Listen to your inner dialogue. Respectful? Kind?

"Your history doesn not have to be your future"

I am just starting again... I did the program about 2 years ago and it worked wonders for me, however lately I have been going thru a difficult time and I want to review the program again.

Good luck
Maria

jgomez1226

Post by jgomez1226 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Thank You so much! i really appreciate it. well I'm glad it worked for you and i hope it works and helps you out again. knowing it helped you out gives me a lot more hope! How was your experience going through the program the first time if you don't mind me asking? THANK YOU -jose

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:21 pm

My first time arround, I am not sure how to describe it. I had just left a job that I loved, and was feeling very insecure about my capabilities. I always have been anxious, but this was worst. I was unable to leave my house, getting the mail was a challenge.
Listening to the lessons helped me understand a lot of how I was feeling. I also spend some time online, in the forums, reading other people's experiences. There were a few people that were very helpful. We got to know each other and got to share our experiences and challenges.
I am not the best student. I would say that I followed the program about a 60%. I listened to the CDs, one per week, and did some of the homework. What I am trying to say is that even not following the program a 100%, it helped me.
Now I am able to get out of the house, go to the store, even visit friends and family.
Keep working the program... it works if you let it.
Check the forums, talk to people... everybody here is very nice and understanding.
I know I will be around.
Take care
Hope / Maria

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”