Nervous

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
NancyDee

Nervous

Post by NancyDee » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:03 am

Hi to everyone! I am starting session one. I went through the program about 12 years ago. It was on cassette tapes then! That how long it has been! lol It helped me a lot then and I have come a long way. However I still have trouble going to church. And I really want to. I am also afraid of crowds and loudness. I am nrevous going and doing things by myself though I still do it sometimes. I am 37 years old and married for 7 years. I have a one and a half year old little girl. She is the miracle in my life in more ways than one. I was wondering if I'd ever be a mother. And she was delivered with an emergency C-section 2 months early. She was only a pound and a half. She was beautiful. Since I am nervous in social situations, I didnt know if I could stay at Riley with her while she gained enough weight to come home. She also got a bowel infection and had to have surgery at a month old. I listened to Lucinda's tapes and relaxtion tape to help me be able to stay with my little girl. It helped so much and I handled her four month stay well. The Lord was with me and her. She got very sick, but she came through it. She needed her mother there and I was! She is now a happy healthy little girl! I am grateful for Lucinda. And I want to get stronger for my girl. I want to be a happy confident person and taking care of myself as well as her. But there seems to be some barriers I have not been able to break through yet. And there has been some things occur that has caused me to lose my momentum. I am hoping to gain my incentive back by going through the program again. I hope to gain some support here, though I am nervous about it. Hope all goes well.
NancyDee

dhoyt84

Re: Nervous

Post by dhoyt84 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:29 am

So sorry to hear about your little girl, but glad to hear she is well and you were able to be there for her. I think this program is great and it has helped me. Every few weeks I seem to have a hard time, its like I have hope and faith one minute and the next I have impending doom feelings. Its very scary, but I know God will protect me as he has along. I believe you will get better, if you survived all of that you can do it again. Sometimes its a moment to moment process and that in itself can be depressing. I wish you all the best.

hey222

Re: Nervous

Post by hey222 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:22 am

i always feel nervous too and its really hard to calm down. The smallest things bother me.. everything seems loud all the time and it frightens me .. i get my feelings hurt for no logical reason? and its difficult to breathe because i hyperventilate.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”