The Stress can be SO stressful!!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
zbbrown

The Stress can be SO stressful!!

Post by zbbrown » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:02 pm

ALCON (Army lingo for ALL Concerned...decide if you are concerned or not...)
1.My family is assuredly quite midwestern. On my mom's side are danish=speaking lutherans....Oofda....Youbetcha...On my dad's side, i'm a fourth-generation legacy to Iowa State, and my grand-dad's grand-dad had been born literally on the 4th of july, was deployed to NC where Ive spent much of my life, met Lincoln once or twice, was at the Appomatox court house during the confederate surrender, and later ran for the governorship of Iowa.
2. My religion is assuredly HQed in the Stress (Wilmette) and I've been a Baha'i for fifteen years, have a tendency to be passionately half-assed in my commitment...and there are references to baha'is being 'quickeners' of the human race.
3. I'm in my mid-30s, 50 lbs overweight, and still a virgin. I'm not wholly complaining about this as what I witness about relationships is **at times** less than awesome...but such is life as well.
4.There is a reference in 'reality therapy' by william glasser to homosexuals, recluses, and eccentrics not neccesarily requiring therapy, and there is a part of me that gets a kick out of being a reclusive eccentric with gay friends, but i first purchased this program five years ago and I'm being much more thorough this time around. and part of abiding happiness is a love of people.
5. Issues with perfection and expectation burdens are somewhat central to my MO (dysfunctional modus operandi). and tho I'm currently on week three I wanted to make sure I posted a somewhat accurate summary.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”