Any else havin problems relaxing?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
sharpe755

Any else havin problems relaxing?

Post by sharpe755 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Does any1 else have problems actually lettin there mind free while doing the tape? I mean i keep thinkin about everything i worry about and cant let my mind go enough to devote fully to the tape. I even find my self stressing about how to have time for the program that day along with evrything else i have to do. Is this wierd or is there some1 else out there having the same problem?

Iwillbebetter

Re: Any else havin problems relaxing?

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:23 am

Yes it is a normally issue!! I think it is pretty common also. I also have trouble "clearing my mind" But like anything the more you practice the better you get. You can also explore other avenues of relaxation :) What works for some doesn't always work for others!! Just keep at it, before you know it, you will start to relax more and more :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

sharpe755

Post by sharpe755 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:01 pm

ty

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:30 pm

dear sharpe: I have problems relaxing and concentrating too. My mind seems to be racing more lately.
I know that it seems tough to find the time in to listen to the CD three times a week, but it is worth it.
I went through the program back in 2010/2011 and I did not devote enough of myself to it the first time
around. This second time around I am trying to work harder on each Session and devote the time
necessary to complete it and move on to the next Session. It is hard work and it does get frustrating at first.
I have been taking two weeks to complete each Session and I am moving at a snails pace I guess, but it has
been working out for me. Show yourself some compassion. You are strong, intelligent and capable.
You will be able to do, I have faith in you. God Bless.
Lynda

sharpe755

Post by sharpe755 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Thank you lynda, that means alot. Especially the God Bless part being that i am a devout Christian and follower of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I have recently started and new job and havent gotten on here as much, but its nice to know i have support from people like yourself, thank you so much and God bless you as well. :D

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:20 pm

FROM SESSION TEN.........

I can accomplish anything I want. Nothing can stand in my way.
I am strong. I am in control of my life.

Lynda :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:26 pm

sharpe755 wrote:Thank you lynda, that means alot. Especially the God Bless part being that i am a devout Christian and follower of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I have recently started and new job and havent gotten on here as much, but its nice to know i have support from people like yourself, thank you so much and God bless you as well. :D
Starting to go through the program now for the second time, I am finding that I really need a faith in something
higher than myself, a link to something spiritual. A faith in God. I just read a book and some of the main themes
in the book were faith, truth, courage, compassion, friendship, family and common sense. It all started to make
sense in my head for me. I hope to strengthen my faith in the coming months as I grow stronger going through
the program. I really need Him and I have for a long time.

Lynda :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:01 am

I have trouble relaxing and I would like to recommend a great CD that I have been using for some time.
The CD is called "relax into greatness with the treasure of yoga nidra" led by Rod Stryker.
I believe the name of the company listed on the CD is " ParaYoga".
When you are listening to the CD you do not have to think or do anything, just relax.
I used this CD today and relaxed / rested for about an hour and I felt totaly refreshed afterwards.
Wishing everyone health and happiness,
Lynda Lu

stewy

Post by stewy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:01 am

Relaxing is a real problem for me too, so i completely understand. whether im trying to hard or not trying enough i can never seem to relax fully. I want so much to find that warm feeling lucinda talks about and let it run around inside me :) I dont really suffer from attacks often but my anxiety keeps my mind a spinning all the time. constant thinking keeps me on edge i guess. For almost a month now ive had 4 or less hours of sleep a night.. I just finished session one and was hoping to be cured by now :lol: I just want you to know your not alone. obiously relaxing is a trial. But i have confidence we can overcome in time.. stay strong and determined. WE CAN BEAT THIS! :D

lucy knepp

Post by lucy knepp » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 am

Yes! I agreee! Meditation is hard..........my thoughts go all over and I start thinking about dinner, the kids, the past, guilt, guilt.
Then I pray.....gimme gimmeee thank you thank you .....Still working on relaxing...without scary thoughts. Maybe no one gets peace thrown in their laps.....having a passion for something helps. I wish I had a passion for something. Of course I love my family and friends (the guilt of saying I don't have a passion just hit me) :lol:

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”