It's all because of me

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
nknecht6

It's all because of me

Post by nknecht6 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:05 am

Were do I even begin?? I think I have always suffered from anxiety and depression to an extent as a child. Growing up I had a rough childhood. Dad was never there. He was addicted to drugs and alcohol. Mom was a workaholic and always stressed and angry because of my dad and basically trying to be a single parent and took it out on us kids. So I was left trying to be the parent to my younger sisters.
I met my now husband back when we were both 16 and we have been together ever since. We were each others "first". Our parents found out we were having sex. That of coarse did not go over well. We were banned from seeing each other except at church. We stuck threw it, parents eventually got over it. We got engaged when I was 17. Mom didn't fully approve. Dad didn't say anything. When I turned 18 we moved in together. Six months later we moved to South Dakota were he used to live. I got pregnant 5 months after that. We got married 4 month after we found out. Then I had my beautiful Evanna. That's when It hit me hard with the depression. I was so far away from my family. I had no one to tell me how to raise a baby. I was so alone. I eventually got it under control to an extent. I had gained 100lbs and was not a very happy person. I have had 3 more children since then and after my last and final baby I thought I was doing really good. I had lost 65lbs, I was getting noticed by people, I was getting my self-esteem back and I had confidence again. That's when It all started to go down hill. I was falling into the devils traps. I decided to get a job at a bar. NOT a good idea for a married woman with self-esteem problems. I started ignoring my husband, the bar was more important than my family and there feelings. I didn't care about anyone anymore, I didn't care how I hurt them, how I lied to them to get what I wanted. I ended up having an affair for about a month. My Poor husband found out. I Hurt him so badly. He fortunately loves me enough that we are going to work this out. THANK YOU GOD! But I got hit so hard with the depression and anxiety that I could not get out of bed, eat, or even take a shower. I didn't care about me anymore. I started to then over eat. Thinking that if I was fat again then guys wouldn't look at me in that way again and then my husband wouldn't worry or wonder. I was devastated on what I had done to the family, I almost lost everything. It was a huge slap in the face. I am still battling with the depression and anxiety. I thought turning to alcohol and smoking would make it better. but I know it wont. It's only a temporary fix. I need a permanent fix. It's only been 5 months since the incident. So it's still an open wound. I know I am going to have to keep mending this for the rest of my life. I just want to feel normal. I want to feel happiness. :cry:

nknecht6

Re: It's all because of me

Post by nknecht6 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:40 pm

I don't know why but I feel like such an idiot for doing this. For saying what I had said.I'm so embarrassed about what I did, i'm ashamed of it, But That is what has happened to lead me to this. I'm so depressed today. I don't think anyone cares. I feel so alone. I just want help. I feel like I don't deserve this. I'm the one that made those stupid mistakes and now I need to live with the consequences. I just need to crawl in a black hole and rot for what I did to my family. I don't deserve a second chance. I don't blame anyone for wanting to hate me. What do I do???

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:33 am

nknecht6 wrote:What do I do???
Start working on you!! Learn to love and accept yourself for who you are!! You made a mistake, you almost lost everything, but you didn't. They need to you to get better!! They need you to stand strong!! We all make mistakes!! We learn from them!! You are human just as the rest of us!! The mistake is in the past, the more you think about it and dwell on it, the farther you are "digging your hole" and the harder it will be to climb out!! Put it in the past and keep it there. It's time to move on. It took time to get where you are, it's going to take time to get where you need to be, but it can be done!!
You can do it!! You are not alone!! If no one cared, your family would not still be there with/for you!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

nknecht6

Post by nknecht6 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:54 am

Thank you! It was the biggest mistake I've ever made and I regret every second of it. I feel selfish for wanting to work on me, but I know I need to love myself If I want to ever love others. I want to thank you again for those encouraging words. It's hard for me to accept that I really need help. I get in such a dark place sometimes that it's really hard for me to snap out of it. It brings my family down too and I don't want this to affect them anymore. It was really an eye opener when my 5 year old asked me why I was so sad and mad all the time. Ouch. I don't want to be that kind of mom. I wasn't always like this (at least not this bad). I know I need to really step up and do the tapes and work book.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:17 am

I understand your feeling selfish, but as you said you have to love yourself before you can love others. Working on yourself is far from selfish, you are not only doing it for you, but your family also!! We all make mistakes, it's learning to move past them, learn from them, and most importantly FORGIVE ourselves for them!! Even when we feel we don't deserve forgivness!!
I know what you mean about being hard to accept help also!! No one really wants to admit to themselves or anyone else that they need help, especially when it comes to things like this. I think we feel "broken" when we admit to needing to help ourselves.
It's amazing how much of an eye open our children can really be. We are suppose to be their teachers, but I think we can really learn just as much from them!!
I know what it feels like to be in that "dark place", YOU (we) can get ourselves out. YOU can bring yourselve into the light and not be bothered by the darkness again!!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

nknecht6

Post by nknecht6 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:31 am

Forgiving myself is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I can't get past the thought of me deserving it. But I know I need to get out of the habit of thinking like this. I'm so glad that they have this support group. I have no one to talk to. My husband wants me to talk to him about everything but it's so hard to talk about this. I don't want this to affect my Family. They deserve so much better. I need to restart session 1 and really take my time and let it soak in. I AM going to get through this. With your help! Thank you.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:26 pm

I know what you mean about it being hard to talk about it with your husband. I think the more you work threw it the easier that will become. I think re-starting and really absorbing is a great idea!! :) Yes YOU can get threw it!! and I will be more than happy to help in anyway I can :)

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”