New person to forums

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Oshria

New person to forums

Post by Oshria » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:47 am

Hello all, I've started the program a million times but never made it past the second week because I made excuses, too much school, work, I have other things I need to do, etc...I graduated in December with my BS in Marine Science but still never dedicated myself to it. Well now I have no choice, the day has come where at 27 I have a car, one of my worst fears is driving, and I absolutely hate it with my entire being. I do fine driving, I drive perfectly but it is so stressful. Now I am kicking myself for procrastinating so long with starting and dedicating myself to the program. I don't think I'd have near as much trouble if I just stuck to it. But now I really don't have a choice, if I want to be able to comfortably drive the 4 miles to work and back (on my own without a friend leading me in their vehicle) or go to the grocery on my own (like I have always wanted to do), go to the knitting shop on my own, basically come and go as I would really like to instead of waiting on a ride. This time I'm going to make it, and maybe one day I'll be as excited about owning a car and driving as so many people around me are.

Iwillbebetter

Re: New person to forums

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:49 am

Well hey better late than never!! :) Just remember the exuses is the "old you" wanting you to stay that way. You can do it. Even if you can only spare a few minutes each day, something is better than nothing. Beleive me, I understand not having much time. I work part-time and have 3 kids... ages 11, 4 and 3. So time is not something I have much of. :) I think if you really put yourself into it and take some time each day you will be AMAZED at what you will find!! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”