Second time through program/how many times does it take?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
connielyn

Second time through program/how many times does it take?

Post by connielyn » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:39 am

Here I set at 3:00 am in the morning can't sleep cause anxiety takes over. I need my sleep I get very irritable and cranky without it. I've done the program once felt like I received some help but obviously not enough cause here I am again. It's hard to deal with working full time and not sleeping and haveing generalized anxiety all the time to the point my body is weak and numb. Have been on meds but side effects are horrible so trying to do without (actually weaned down to 1 pill from 3 so still weaning off) and gain even better coping skills. I'm suppose to observe my thoughts( week 1) i try but I can't figure out what I'm thinking thats causing all this anxiety? The first time around I could tell what I was telling myself but can't see it this time. But if anxiety is still so strong all the time something must be there? Any thoughts on how you can pin your thoughts down when everything seems so blurry?

TheTimeIsNow

Re: Second time through program/how many times does it take?

Post by TheTimeIsNow » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:14 am

My second time too. I'm more excited about it this time because I feel like I'll get more out of it. I'm just so tired of living this way!! When I pinpoint my thoughts, I really try to calm down and rationalize and think, what's really bothering me. Personally, I've been very stressed and taking on too much. When I get stressed, I start having my scary thoughts. So I feel like I have so much to learn again with learning to alm myself down a nd time management. I hope this helps and good luck :)

connielyn

Post by connielyn » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:09 pm

I am so tired of living like this also. I've lived with anxiety half my life, Thank you for the encouragement.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:45 pm

connielyn wrote: I'm suppose to observe my thoughts( week 1) i try but I can't figure out what I'm thinking thats causing all this anxiety?
I think the most important time to "observe your thoughts" is when you have any negative feelings, sadness, anger, resentment, iritation, self-hate, anytime you just don't feel right/good stop and ask your self what you were recently thinking. Were you thinking of something in the past, (a regret, a resentment etc) were you thinking of something that is happening at a future time, or something that "could" happen at a future time. These are things that can lead us to feelings of anxiety and or depression.

I only made it half way the first time, this is my second try to finish for a first time. There is so much to absorb, I could see myself doing it again, just to get what I may have missed this time.
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:28 pm

This is the second time around for me also, and I am hoping this will be the last time.
I am currently working on Session Six, but I have been looking up some words today so I can understand
their meanings. These words are used in the program workbook as well as in the audio CD's.

Disease: a condtion of the living animal or plant body or one of its parts that impairs normal
fuctioning and it typically manifested by distinguishing signs and symptoms.

Condition: usu. defective state of health.

Inherit
: to receive from a parent or ancestor by genetic transmission.
to have in turn or receive as if from an ancestor.

Inheritance
: the acquistion of a possession, condition, or trait from past generations.

Heredity
: genetically transmitted or transmittable from parent to offspring.

Traits: a distinguishing quality ( as of personal character).
An inherited characteristic.

Gene: a specific sequence of nucleotides in DNA or RNA that is located usu. on a
chromosone and that is the functional unit of inheritance controlling the transmission and
expression of one of the more traits by specifying the structure of a particular
polypetide and esp. a protein or controlling the function of other genetic material.

Lynda

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”