Let the excitement begin!...again

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
TheTimeIsNow

Let the excitement begin!...again

Post by TheTimeIsNow » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:56 am

I started this program Feb 2011 and was doing great. I started to feel so comfortable that I thought I didn't need to do the "work" anymore. I guess over confidence kicked in and here I am again. I got a couple of panic attacks last week. I'm not as scared because I know I've done this before and can do it again. This time I'm jumping in with both feet. I'm starting the program again today. Wish me luck!! For everyone just starting, this is the best program out there. It really works as long as you actually do what the program says. ;)

Dixiesmom

Re: Let the excitement begin!...again

Post by Dixiesmom » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:04 pm

I am starting again also. I agree that this is a great program and just reading session one over again and listening to the tape lets me know I'm right where I need to be and that there are so many people that have gone through the same things with the same feelings and thoughts. I tend to make it to about session 4 or 5 and then get busy with my babies and miss a week and then quit because I feel like I've "messed up". Guess I need to learn that this is my perfectionism speaking and dig in and continue on. Here is to a new beginning - again! Good luck!

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:01 pm

This is also my second time around working on the program. I first worked on the program back
in 2010/2011. I think I may have made it all the way to Session 14 back then, but I just was not giving it all
that I could give, I just did not have my heart in it. This second time around feels a lot different
to me and I am thinking more positively the second time around. I started on Session One on
January 25th, 2012 and now I am working on Session Four. You have to work at your own pace,
but don't linger too long on a particular Session .
I believe that I can complete all of the Sessions this time around, no matter how long it takes
me to do it.

I try to journal every day, but if I don't journal every day I don't beat myself up about it.
I was journaling every day during January and February, but March has slowed down a bit.

I listen to the relaxation CD at least once a day and it works really well in the evening when I go to bed.
I have a portable CD player and some headphones/earphones that I use when I go to bed. I can
listen to the relaxation CD while trying to go to sleep. I also have a Yoga type relaxation CD that
I like to listen to when I go to bed also, that CD continues quite a bit longer than the relaxation
CD from the program. Keep it dark and quiet when you go to bed, this helps a lot also, if you have
a sleep disorder like I do.

I am reading Lucinda's book : From Panic To Power and I will finish that book soon and hopefully
find another good book to read to keep my mind busy with postive thinking. Maybe I will
read another self-help book or even something inspirational or spiritual. I have gotten a lot
of good book hints from the website.

I have had anxious episodes / panic attacks/ stress / depression for
several years and I am looking to get get off of the medications soon.

The second time around has
got to work, because I feel ( for some reason) that this is my last chance. I know it is not really my
last chance, but that it how I feel. Thanks for listening. Good luck to all of you and
"Let the excitement begin!...again" :)
Lynda

Dixiesmom

Post by Dixiesmom » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Good luck to you! I will keep you in my thoughts. You CAN do it! I have finished session 1 and am moving on to 2. I feel like I am doing well, although it can be hard with the distractions from the babies. I have also found that doing the relaxation tape at bedtime works really well for me. I used to struggle with when and where to get it into my day. I put the kids down, hubby goes to bed and I go do the relaxation tape without distraction and the added benefit that it helps me relax in order to get to sleep - as I have a tendency to just be "on" and constantly thinking.
I, too, have struggled a long time. And, I truly believe this was the last option for me - I had tried so many things and nothing worked. I think part of me used to wait for someone else to fix me, to say the right thing that would magically be the answer or to give me a med (which I don't like taking anyway) that would be the magical cure all. As long as I waited for the answer outside of myself, it never worked. Knowing that I can do alot for myself in order to help "fix" myself has been a blessing.
Again, wishing you the best!

TheTimeIsNow

Post by TheTimeIsNow » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Lol, you sound like me :D I grew up very spoiled in the sense that my parents didn't want me to feel pain. They would always "fix" things for me. So now I realize that it's time to grow up and I don't like it. I'm 36 and I think it's time that I take responsibility for myself. Baby steps. I have time and patience. Good luck to you :)

TheTimeIsNow

Post by TheTimeIsNow » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:58 pm

@Lyndalu, I'm in the same boat. I'm excited to start this over and feel myself getting more out of it this time. Good luck and let's keep picking ourselves up :)

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”