Please help i'm scareddd. and confused on session1

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
TheTimeIsNow

Re: Please help i'm scareddd. and confused on session1

Post by TheTimeIsNow » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:07 am

I like the Stress relaxation CD better than Linden Method only because it's so much shorter. It's only 15 min so I find that I'll actually take the time to do it. If you go to sleep, it's OK. I'm going to schedule time in my calander to do the relaxation 3 times a day. I felt so much better when I did that. When I first did it, I would think it was silly, but now I realize that it acts like a Xanax for me. I really feel more relaxed. Good luck and take time for yourself. It will pay off.

Ron1974

Post by Ron1974 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:41 am

Hey Thanks for all the info on the meds. I don't like how they make me feel either light headed and like I am floating so I am glad its not just me. Sounds like you have a great relationship with your dad and I am glad you got to spend some tiime with him. You are right about the energy drinks that is a vice I need to get away from and I will. I had a pretty good day and I worked all night and I am just getting home. Well I hope to hear from you soon.
Ron

1254smit

Post by 1254smit » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:21 am

Ah, i overslept once again. ): Missed the first couple hours of school. I woke up last night panicing. ): so i forced my self to sleep and i didn't wake up today. Kinda sucks! I'm about to relisten to session 3 because it kinda calms me dowwwn! lol, it is insane to think i get on an average of 300 negative thoughts a day?! like whoaa. haha, but i've been noticing a couple of things that triggers me to panic.. I've always been underweight but not gross underweight haha. I weigh 94 right now, and i always freak out about it.AlWAYS i've never freaked out about my weight, i've always said thanks to people who said i was tiny. I think that's a little strange? ha, and then i got my wisdom teeth pulled in september, and it messed up my jaw line. ): and this last week it hurts to the tough on my left side,, and i freak about it, because i think tumor! oh no it's totally cancer. hah! Is that kinda things you think? i'm a huge worrier.

Ron1974

Post by Ron1974 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Yes I am the same way if I have a stomach ache its stomach cancer, if I have a headache its brain cancer I get so mad at myself for my what if thinking, always thinking the worst I worry constantly I am trying to say I will not worry about anything untill a half hour before I go to bed but it does not always work. I have panic attaks when I think people are talking about me and that is a huge reason for my anxiety. I try to write in my journal when i get those thoughts but it does not always work. So I can completly relate to feeling like people are talking about my weight or my work. It really helps me to know that I am not alone in these thoughts and I appriciate you sharing all this with me. I feel like such an idot telling people about my fears and anxiety but since I dont know you and you dont know me it makes it much easier so thanks. If you wake up in a panic you can text me if you need to get your thoughts out I work nights so I am always up. My number is 928-313-0322 if that helps you. Well I will get back on later tonight since its my night off. By the way don't feel bad about missing class you need to take the time to take care of yourself. You are still young there will be plenty of time for everything else.
Ron

1254smit

Post by 1254smit » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:10 am

I am glad that you know what I am talking about. I actually had a good day today, until i went to my mom's & her boyfriends.. i just started getting so spacy.. i felt scared that i would panic on everyone haha! That's what makes me all scared. idk.. I feel comfortable at my place because everyone knows i have anxiety and how i am.. No one else does, and i freak out that i might maybe go insane in front of them. Lol, sometimes i think when i have to pee that i will pee my self in class!? that's insane! haha, but today i was trying to catch my negative thoughts, but that didn't work. i seriously didn't think i was thinking negative but i know i was because i was just anxious...I know one thing that makes me feel so much better is to distract myself, like i'll do dishes, math homework, or facebook. hhaha! and this might sound rrude but i don't think it's best we "text" lol, because i don't you know.. we may have the same disorder, but it still doesn't mean i know you. i do appreciate that you talk to me, it makes me so much more at ease, and reassured. But i hope your day off is goood. :mrgreen:

Ron1974

Post by Ron1974 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:51 am

Hey sorry I did not respond yesterday I got side tracked LOL. I was thinking yesterday that it is weird that these thouhts are all in our heads but have real side effects. Like sometimes I think I am crazy and I am going to end up in a psych ward thats a thought but my light headedness is a real, my cold sweats are real, sick feeling is real but there is nothing wrong its in my head. I know I am crazy huh. Well I am off to work out I hope your day goes well.
Ron

1254smit

Post by 1254smit » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:59 pm

I know it is weird, but the brain controls everything in our body, and i can see thoughts messing with it's signals idk. haha, but today was better, i'm just a little bit anxious being around the sun it makes me feel weak? idk, i am just being a big baby. I woke up again last night but, i got my self to calm down before it got bad! :mrgreen:

1254smit

Post by 1254smit » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:14 pm

So, i'm actuallly feeling a 100% better. (: i woke up feeling great. It's weird because i'm still on session 3, but i let my anxiety get the worse it could, and it didn't hurt me so i just don't feel like i'm afraid anymore?! how's your day Ron?

jcany

Post by jcany » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:20 am

I to have that same feeling, it will not go away like a heaviness on my forehead that wont go away. I have used the program back and forth a couple of times and have quit but now I am committed to using it and I am having 2 or 3 good days a week which is great for me. I thought they would never go away it has been 1 year now... hang in there you will start feeling better..

1254smit

Post by 1254smit » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:06 pm

thank you so much! i know i'll get to feeling better! i will be better sometime soon! i am hoping! (: i want to be able to fly, do speeches, anything!!!!! i don't care! Soemthing daring, i'm so ready to try! (: thank you!

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”