starting today at day 1

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
mrben65

starting today at day 1

Post by mrben65 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:55 pm

just introducing myself and that I'm starting day 1 today. At this time, I am listening to the audio CD. I may do the relaxation cd before I go to bed tonight. My feelings right now starting this program are anger feelings towards people in general, anxiety and paranoia ( I won't even go to the busy street in front of my house to get the mail at the mailbox). On my 4 days off from work, I won't even leave the house. I read a lot of positive results from people completing the program. I am willing to change but it is going to take A LOT of work on my part.

Ben
Ben

Iwillbebetter

Re: starting today at day 1

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:59 pm

Welcome Ben, well it sounds like you are willing to do the work, so you are already well on your way!! This program will provide you will the tools/skill you need to handle/cope/deal with everyday life, it's up to use to take it, practice it, learn to live it. The relaxtion I have found to be very important. Although I had trouble with the one that comes with the program and had to explore other relaxation options, but I think it is VERY important part. I attempted doing this a year ago, but got to session 7 and somehow fell off. Mainly because I didn't believe in myself. I didn't do everything they said... figured it would be ok as long as I listened to the CD's and did the workbook. I see now how wrong I was. Don't get me wrong I don't get it all done everyday, but there is always tomorrow. I have taken my own pace as well so I don't feel the pressure of getting it all done/down in a week. I would say also to make sure to stay at it daily. When you let a day and another and another go by that you are not doing anything as far as the program goes... it will catch up to you... Anyway I think you've made a great decision. This can help you if you let it! :) Best of luck!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”