Just started, need some help.

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Tommya77

Just started, need some help.

Post by Tommya77 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Hello all, and thanks to anyone who replies. I am a 34 year old male, going through this horrible anxiety. I got my first panic attack at the age of 25, and it has just got worse over time. I got my first one while I was in the military, and it freaked me out.

I have had anxiety on and off for the past 9 years, and I am determined to put a stop to it. My mother got me the program for christmas, after hearing how bad I am feeling. I am married with two young children (3 and 1) and I have a supportive wife. Just the whole male pride makes it hard for me to tell her when I am feeling anxious. Like anyone, I have my good days and my bad days, but the bad days are becoming more than the good.

I used to be the most happy go lucky person in the world, but something changed. I need to get back to the old me, or least half way.

I am just curious how to pace myself through the program, this first week is cool to listen to once, but after that it is just boring. I just need to know, can I go faster through it, or do I need to give each session one week? I have read pretty much everything there is on the causes of anxiety, so the first sessions is kind of not needed.

Sorry to rant and ramble on, just curious if anyone wants to team up through this process.

Thanks,

Tommy

Iwillbebetter

Re: Just started, need some help.

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:39 am

Tommy,

I think the pace they set is more of recommendation. I have found that I go at my own pace. Some sessions I may not need as much time in. I think with 1 and 2 I went a little faster. But then with 3 and 4 I have taken longer as these are area's I know I need a lot of work on. I think it's all a matter of where you are at and what you need as we are all different. :) someone once said to me (in a post here I beleive) it's not the speed at which you go, but the direction in which you are headed that matters most!!! That really stuck with me and I refer to it often!! :)

Good luck to you :) :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

mrben65

Re: Just started, need some help.

Post by mrben65 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Good luck to you Tommy. I'm starting this week at day 1 as well.

Ben
Ben

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”