Eye Opener

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Iwillbebetter

Eye Opener

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:57 am

All my life I wondered what was wrong with me. I remember in grade school, just about everynight, I could not get to sleep. I would lay down and my mind would just go,go,go. Normally it was about death or life after. I would scare myself not knowing what will happen after we pass. or different things like that. So I'd watch T.V. until I couldn't keep my eyes open. But asleep I could still not fall. I tried every trick I had heard of and NOTHING worked. So eventually I would get so frustrated I would just cry myself to sleep. I never felt like I "fit" in. In school I never picked a click as everyone else. I went from one to another to another. Although I knew a lot of people that was it I knew who they were not really them. So although I had a lot of friends I always felt so alone.
I NEVER understood this growing up. Always thought something was just wrong with me. So I've just learned to live with it. But after listening to the 1st session I almost fell out of my seat!!! It was undescribably amazing to hear her describe me and that it was ok and that I could get better as well!! Really could it be!! at that point I thought even if I don't get better, I was just happy enough to have a name "anxiety" to my life. Looking back I've had this since I can remember. I would say it's more of a general anxiety just always there!! But I now know and as they say knowing is 1/2 the battle!! and this is a battle I am ready to fight!!

** You can do anything you put your mind to **
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”