Waking up anxious

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
rae75

Waking up anxious

Post by rae75 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Every day so far I have been waking up anxious and it seem like my heart is racing and pounding and then the dizziness happens. I am so “sick” of feeling this way. I have no energy but I refufe to give up. I know that one day I will wake up normal and will be able to get through my days painic/anxiety free. I will continue to pray to renewal!

anxietynomore

Re: Waking up anxious

Post by anxietynomore » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:51 pm

i have been dealing with the same thing i find that if i do the relaxation disc right before bed it relaxes my mind which make the morning better. i hope this helps good luck

a_gurrea

Post by a_gurrea » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:40 pm

im also dealing with this, waking up every 230am or 3am with anxiety and it really frustates me because i dont usually have sleeping problems eversine i had anxiety.. this is goin on the last 3 weeks now and this is really irritating waking up feeling exausted and groggy... its like my anxiety is my own personal alarm clock... anyone here who knows how to deal with this i would be glad to try anything for a goodnyt sleep..

joannerodriguez

Post by joannerodriguez » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi, I also wake up often too early, with anxiety, a knot in my stomach, (feels like when i was a child, awaiting my turn for my mothers abusive-ness, or now even as an adult, some verbal attack from my husband).

I am new to the program , and did start the breathing exercises when I did wake up. The bummer is, all I want to do is go back to sleep for that wonderful feeling that "I almost remember", of feeling very rested, and ready to tackle the world.

Am under perscription for Lorazapan before bedtime, and wonder if the wearing off of this medication causes me to wake earlier (approximatly 5:00 a.m), anxious and nervousness ?? I have noticed that when I take half as much as is prescribed
I donot have this feeling, but then will have a difficult time getting to sleep at bed time. Maybe the discipline of reading until sleepyness would be helpful ?

I think that if we can try to be disciplined thorghout the day with exercise, breathing techniques, happy thoughts, less sugar, less caffiene, less fats, that maybe we could really take control of our sleep patterns to our benefits ? Any body else have some good ideas for healthy sleep patterns ? - joanne

starrr123

Post by starrr123 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:56 pm

rae75 wrote:Every day so far I have been waking up anxious and it seem like my heart is racing and pounding and then the dizziness happens. I am so “sick” of feeling this way. I have no energy but I refufe to give up. I know that one day I will wake up normal and will be able to get through my days painic/anxiety free. I will continue to pray to renewal!

I have been waking up with palpitations or heart racing for a long time. I glad to hear im not the only one. sometimes I feel like im having a heart attack. and I wake people up at night so they can calm me down.
I feel guilty for bothering people, but i cant help it.

ctiblets

Post by ctiblets » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:27 am

This is my second time to start the program, the first time It worked great for a long time but I have been going through some stressful things lately and am having panic attacks and anxiety again. I too wake up with my heart pounding and a feeling of an adrenaline rush, it is very scary. I have woke my husband up many time to help calm me down then I feel guilty for waking him up in the middle of the night. I have been to the Dr. and he seems to brush it off as just anxiety I am very tired. Some days it is hard to make it through the day at work. I still don't understand anxiety and how it works, I feel really frustrated. Thanks for any comments.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”