Second time around!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Sydney21

Second time around!

Post by Sydney21 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:43 am

Hi! My name is Sydney,
I ordered this program a year ago almost to the date and never was serious about it or stuck with the tasks; so I never had any true results. After recently quitting school and my job due to overwhelming depression and anxiety I have decided to buckle down and get serious. I cannot honestly ignore my problems and put myself through this constant state of fear, worry and sadness all the time. It is scary to see who I have become due to my battle with anxiety and depression. I have accomplish so much but also missed so many oppurtunities because of what-if thinking and a lack of self confidence. I am about a week into the program and right now I cannot say a feel better but I an actually feeling worse. My whole life I have been surpressing things and this program is forcing me to take a look inside myself and it is extremely uncomfortable. However, though the thought of living without this crutch is more frightening than living with it, I will continue on. After my first week I can hopefully start feeling some relief and healing. :)

ladybug_101

Re: Second time around!

Post by ladybug_101 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:58 am

heyyy sydney YOU CAN DO IT !! When i started with the first and second cd i thought wow thats me !! this program has helped me to understand me better... so look at it as a great adventure , like a learning experience getting to know you and who you really are is the first steps to recovery so dont fight it just float with it !!! best of luck have a great day ! :D

sprint

Post by sprint » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:36 pm

Hello!
I know where you are coming from about the "second time around." I bought this program about 3 years ago, and I find it very difficult to commit. I get overwhelmed, and frustrated, and just quit. I get to the session on replacing the thoughts/ recognizing them, and I get all depressed. I can't seem to integrate these skills into my life, because I am so busy focusing on the problem of the "anxiety."

Sometimes I feel like my thoughts just take over, and I can't judge what is reality and what isn't/ what is a big deal and what isn't, and I beat myself up for it a situation that I fear I did something wrong or something that I fearwill happen as a result of my poor judgement (i.e. completing tasks at work). I then get lost in the cycle of anxiety as I obsess about the situation, and just quit with my skills. Then I just lose my ground, and stop using my skills. Has anyone else ever felt like this? I feel as though my life is a cycle of anxiety/ fear/ depression/ worry, and I am out of control due to my automatic thoughts/ intensity of fears. I also feel as though it is hopeless. I am just tired. I feel like the habits of thinking are in control. When they do happen, I become afraid.

Also, I find it difficult to put these skills to use when I am very busy. I then get frustrated and depressed with trying to implement them, and I don't go anywhere. I have seen so many doctors, psychologists, counselors, etc. I am just tired. Can anyone relate to what I am feeling. I feel all alone.

Sprint

Debbie Diestelkamp

Post by Debbie Diestelkamp » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi Sydney,
I am new, also. This is my first time being here, on the computer... Just wanted you to know that this is my second attempt at the program, also. Things finally got bad enough for me to commit to this. It can't hurt, right? :)

asammy

Post by asammy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:50 am

Sydney,
Congrats on taking on your problem head on! Though you may feel weird right now, that is NORMAL because you're addressing a problem you've neglected. Good for you :) I'm also going on the program for the second time too. I'm a Senior in college and while I would listen to the tapes when I could, I never really did the activities or committed myself too it. You are an inspiration and I hope you are able to stick with it!

Kona

Post by Kona » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Sydney,
No worries this is my third time around..... Cant seem to get it, tried to do it on my own but to know avail
im starting the program again. Hang in there we can do this... I have hope listening and reading about all
the other success storys. :P

Kona

Post by Kona » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:47 pm

asammy wrote:Sydney,
Congrats on taking on your problem head on! Though you may feel weird right now, that is NORMAL because you're addressing a problem you've neglected. Good for you :) I'm also going on the program for the second time too. I'm a Senior in college and while I would listen to the tapes when I could, I never really did the activities or committed myself too it. You are an inspiration and I hope you are able to stick with it!
asammy, great encouragement....

dw6692

Post by dw6692 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:21 pm

I'm on my second time around too! I just started the program again today. I went through the program a couple of years ago but didn't do all the workbook exercises or the relaxation CD everyday. This time around I will be more serious about it because I want to be free of the panic attacks.

mosaic1989

Post by mosaic1989 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:06 pm

I too tried a couple of years ago and quit. I got sick then got off track. I ordered the updated version and am hoping the added phone support will help. But going over the basic principles in the program I reallize it is based on sound and solid principles. I think it doesn't matter how many times one has to go through it, or how much time one spends on it as long as we can internalize the principles and start to think about them on a regular basis. I am not sure there is a wrong way to use the information, which is what I thought the first time, kept having performance anxiety. Get what you can out of it, sometimes it does help to have more than one kind of relaxation CD, music or otherwise then our brains don't get so accustomed to one thing. It would probably help if there was more than one type of relaxation exercise. I think variety in that case is good. So here we go and we can do it, we can't fail if we keep trying. I'm waiting for my order to come in the mail and reviewing the tapes from a couple years ago. And it is reminding me of many good things, I think the healing journey will be just a bit different for each of us for we are all individuals. So blessing for health and peace.

Pat from Wisconsin

Post by Pat from Wisconsin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:42 pm

I bought this program a few months ago but didn't start it. I am now in a rehab for other medical reasons and decided to start the program while I was here. I freak out when my door is closed to my room and also my bathroom. This is something new to me since my stay at another nursing home this year. I don't know what happened but I am horrified of closed doors, being inside x=ray machines, any close quarters at all. It has really had a negative impact on my life and also on my wellbeing. It interfers with my medical appoitments, my privacy. I am devestated by this. Out of nowhere. I just don't understand what and why this happend. The one thing I know for sure is that it is happening and did happen. Right now I am trying to concentrate on getting better and staying out of the why. I can ask why all day long and it doesn't help me at all. So I am really hoping that this works. I have listened to one cd only once so far and listened to the relaxation cd 2x. I will listen to the other cd later today. I keep wanting to type tape and not cd. That's how far back I am with being up to date. lol I really hope this works. My family doesn't understand. This is my first posting. I will do this every day. I will make myself do this everyday.
It has been a while since you started. HOw is it going for you?

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”