relaxation tape

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
progkiller

relaxation tape

Post by progkiller » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:18 am

Does any of you have more anxious after listening to the relaxation tape? I had been listening to it for a few years and I feel that it make me more nervous after listening to it. Even I do the contract and relax exercise without listening to any tape, I feel more anxious after the exercise. I am desperate and I don't know what to do now

fellipe

Re: relaxation tape

Post by fellipe » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:57 am

hahah that is funny. i have just started the Stress program and let me tell you. i feel more uptight about being obervant of what i think and feel. i do know this will be worth it in the end. for me, you and any one else. :D

nenner13

Post by nenner13 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:06 pm

I like the relaxation CD, But i just started and can already tell it will get old. What i plan to do is to find a meditation CD that just has music. This way i can clear my mind and envision being in a peaceful place without being coach the whole time. I believe that the relaxation CD works off the same principle as meditation. Good Luck to all of us!

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:06 am

I have also struggled with the relaxation CD. This is my 2nd time around. The 1st time I listened a few times. Got anxious and frustrated so I didn't bother. I am now seeing the importance of relaxing. I have decided to listen to it. But that is all I"m going to lay there and listen. If I am able to do what she says great, if not I'll just be happy knowing I listened. I also got a book about meditation so I will also be exploring other avenues of relaxation until I get something down.

** what I wouldn't do for one peaceful, relaxed minute **
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Pat from Wisconsin

Post by Pat from Wisconsin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:44 pm

I think I am more aware after reading the book and that is why I feel more anxious. I am hoping that this will pass as I progress. Kinda weird.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:59 pm

I've decided to put the relaxation CD from program on the shelf for a little while. I am exploring other "relaxation methods" maybe after a little progress in that I will be ready for the CD, but for now I just can't do it. I got a book from the library about meditation for stress. And although I've only done the 1st excersize so far, I've actually done better with that, than anything else I've ever tried to us for relaxation. I think it's about finding what works for you, we are all different and as the old saying goes what works for one, might not work for another, if the CD doesn't work find what does!! You can find relaxation, you just have to get out and look :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

mosaic1989

Post by mosaic1989 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:51 am

I have had similar problems with the relaxation tape but I've decided too to use it without too much expectation. The imagary part is the most difficult for me. And also I use what I found was meditation music, I downloaded it from Sounds True, and it was free they had a variety of songs. I just let that play for a while, I usually do these before I go to sleep so sometime I fall asleep with it. Or any kind of relaxing music it has really helped me relax and sleep better, except when I wake up early in the morning like today. Also taking melatonin at night. But the good thing I think about the relaxation tape is that the muscle tension release and the breathing. I try to get the basics of the technique down and find my own pace. It probablly would have been better if Lucinda would have someone who had more experience in teaching guided meditation doing the tape or a variety, but I think it has some good things. Sounds true might have some guided meditations too.

tonine wilson

Post by tonine wilson » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:08 pm

I think you should hang in there. Anything worthwhile takes practice. I have ADD and struggle with any sort of meditation. I tend to focus on extraneous sounds and my thoughts are all over the place, but if nothing else, it teaches you how to breathe and relax your body systematically.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:31 pm

I agree...I hadn't listened to Lucinda's CD and then finally did after I had another one which is so much better than Lucinda's. I couldn't finish hers. I think it is her voice and the synthesized music or something. I recommend music by Paul Cardall as he is gifted in piaying the piano and he recently got a heart transplant after surviving for many years on a very small heart. He is lucky to be alive. He understands loss and suffering.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”