Just started program

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
newhorizons

Just started program

Post by newhorizons » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi! I have just started this program and I hope it will be able to help me. I have suffered from anxiety/depression for many years and thought that I was destined to just have to live this way the rest of my life. I am a mother of two small boys and wife to a wonderful man who deserves to have me at my best and I am getting this help for myself and them. I don't know about anyone else's symptoms but I just ALWAYS have this constant uneasiness and nervousness that seems like it comes from deep inside of me. It is easy for others to tell me to relax but I can NEVER relax. My mind is always busy worrying about things and planning things that I need to be doing. I feel guilty if I ever sit down because I feel like I should be doing something productive with my time-this CAN'T be normal to always feel this way!!! I feel like I am driving my own self CRAZY!!! I wish I could be more "normal" whatever that means...

csipink123

Re: Just started program

Post by csipink123 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:58 am

I also am just starting the program..on lesson 1..am kinda nervous..am tired of just existing..want to feel better..am not be so negative all the time...due to childhood abuse..

Well feel free to reply anytime u need a friend to talk to ..

Have a good day.. :D

KAMO

Re: Just started program

Post by KAMO » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Welcome to both of you. I have anxiety attacks and just started Session 3 today. I have found that some of the CD's help more than others. I get more out of Lucinda talking than I do when she has the group session in the middle of the CD, but so far I think they have been pretty good. I don't usually find too many people on this board, especially in mid-afternoon, so it was good to see some new posts. I work at a hospital at night on the weekends, so I'm on here quite a bit during the weekday. Keep reading them and posting them. Good luck to you both.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”