Fears

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
polkadot

Fears

Post by polkadot » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:46 pm

For whatever reasons I have major fears of anything to do with health problems regarding the heart. Just say anything about anyone having issues and I go off. Even write now writing it out, my hands are getting clammy and my hearts racing. things like cardiac arrest and all that freak me out. I am young, like 19 young and it freaks me out when i hear stories on the news of someone my age or a tad older having that problem. These are really my only fears that affect what i do, my driving, going out, etc. Even the whole working out thing kinda freaks me out because half the time thats when things occur. does anyone else have these fears?? or similar?

Paisleegreen

Re: Fears

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 pm

I get fears of aging. More that I can't do the things I use to do when I was younger. I know I have a great heart and lungs, my bones are fine as well as muscles. But, the energy level is not the as when I was younger or just a year ago. Muscles ache more now that I'm close to 57. So if you can over come the fear of your heart, you should be able to enjoy your youth.

Do you have anxiety symptoms that make you feel that your heart is going to stop or wear out? Paislee

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”