Tips on relaxing?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
britni2290

Tips on relaxing?

Post by britni2290 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:13 pm

I just started this program and I am having a hard time with the relaxation session. My mind is constantly in over-drive and i have about a hundred thoughts a second. What am I doing with my life? Who am I? How am I going to do in school? Over and over until I wear myself out. This is a constant thing. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to quiet my mind so I may relax a bit more.

YeahIgotit2

Re: Tips on relaxing?

Post by YeahIgotit2 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:43 am

I can only share with you what works for me. Music .. it kind of gets rid of the thoughts and replaces them with the music you like. I much rather have music in the back of my head than some racing thougths.

Buy a MP3 player.
Fill it up with songs that 1) you like 2) calms you down 3) may take you back to a peaceful time in your life. There are songs that I hear that automatically take me back to places good & bad. Find the ones that have a positive effect on you. I'm starting to get into Classical/Jazz just because of how the the different instruments impact my mind/thoughts; very relaxing.

CD's that work for me: Pink Floyd "The Wall" & U2 "All that you leave behind"

Try music to relax. It helps me ..

Good luck in school, you'll do fine ...

:geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

britni2290

Re: Tips on relaxing?

Post by britni2290 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Ah Pink Floyd :D Yes. I will definitely try that. And thanks I'm going to try so hard in school this semester!

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”