scared

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
coley429

scared

Post by coley429 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:56 pm

I just started the program and I have always been very self conscious always cared too much about what others thought of me and now I am very concerned that I am beyond help. That this wont work for me. Please give me advice

MirC

Re: scared

Post by MirC » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:44 pm

I can totally understand the fear. I felt so beyond help that I was scared to start the program as well. The biggest help for me is the relaxation CD. I listen to it all of the time. I even play it for my children to calm them down when they tell me they feel nervous. I have started the program, but I am still scared. Part of the reason I have such huge Panic/Anxiety attacks. They scare me, too. I believe if we can kick this fear, and become better people!! More confident in who we are and who we want to be!!!

Polaris

Re: scared

Post by Polaris » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:48 pm

I use to say the exact same thing..I am beyond help...that nobody or nothing could ever fix me. But honestly this program does work, you just need to follow the weekly cds and workbook sessions and keep doing them until you feel better. I did this years ago and it really amazed me the difference it made. The last year has been really tough so I am redoing the program...but this time I know it will make a difference so I am not as scared as I once was! Life is stressful and we all need help at sometimes in our lives...this program will help you.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”