Worse Than EVER Before

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
pjcballet

Worse Than EVER Before

Post by pjcballet » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:34 am

I am 33 yrs old and have suffered from anxiety/panic attacks since I was 17. Throughout the years, I have had various periods of relief. Up until recently, I had gone over a year and not even had one. Now, for the past 6 months, they are recurring almost on a daily basis. As I'm sure all of you reading this know, it is taking it's toll on me. I am so frustrated, scared, tired, and I feel like I'm losing my mind. I ended up in the ED yesterday because I just couldn't get myself under control. I have been taking Zoloft and Xanax for years. The doctors think that I've plateaued my meds and need to up the dosage of Zoloft and get off of the xanax. I took an extra 25mg last night as instructed, and today I feel like my brain is freezing up. I know it takes a while to get used to new meds or a new dosage, but in the meantime what do I do about my anxiety? I have an appointment with a new therapist next week that I'm really looking forward to. I just wish there was a support group in my area, because no matter how much the ones around us love us....if they have never experienced it, they just don't know. Right now, I just feel helpless to this condition and I want relief so badly. I need some excouragement here. Any help?

Thank you so much.

finallyhere

Re: Worse Than EVER Before

Post by finallyhere » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:24 am

Hi. I need your support.... isn't it great that we both need the same thing and we can help each other. I was a wreck the first week, a worse wreck the second week, in total denial the third week, and now am delighted to tell you I made it to session 4!!! :D Please work with the program.... it does hurt sometimes, but recognizing what is fearful is a step toward overcoming that fear. You are totally awesome to be here. Float with it and goodluck!

pjcballet

Re: Worse Than EVER Before

Post by pjcballet » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Congrats on your accomplishments and thanks so much for the encouragement!

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”