New to the program

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
kaliskorner

New to the program

Post by kaliskorner » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:23 am

Any experience, strength or hope on this program as I just recieved it in the mail. I am at the point of practically nonfunctional. Scared to do anything........Any positive experiences would be appreciated.......

Thanks.....................

TStanfield

Re: New to the program

Post by TStanfield » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:17 pm

I am new to the program myself. As a matter of fact I just got mine in the mail yesterday (8/2/11). I just thought you might need to know you are not alone and there are people that care, even people who don't know you. I will pray for you. :)

Scottishchassc

Post by Scottishchassc » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:10 am

I just started as well. I was just tired of being controlled by worry and medication was not helping like it used to. I to am hopeful this works out. Just finished Lesson 1...Taking Baby Steps. It appears there are a lot of folkes from minor to severe stressors...but one thing is for sure there sure is alot of people on here. I guess thats strength in numbers! Good luck!

coach21

Post by coach21 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Hey Guys,

I been affiliaed with the StressCenter.com for the past eleven years and I want to cogratulate you all on the beginning of a wonderful journey. Your definitely in the right place and a great supplemental read with your tapes is The Feeling Good Handbook by Dr. David Burns. I've caoched many who have made significant strides while doing the suggested excercises in this book coupled with the StressCenter.com tapes. Both are CBT based so they compliment each other well. Applyng the knowledge is the key to recovery despite how you feel. This may be anxiety producing at first but I implore you to abide by the principle "Short term pain..long term gain". Meaning that some of the excercises may be initially anxiety producing but applying ths knowledge successfully will result in the development of emotional muscle and elimination of long term debilitating anxiety/depression. YOur all a succces waiting to happen!! God Bless and go for it!!!!

coley429

Post by coley429 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi there. Im new to this program as well. I just received it yesterday and I am very concerned that it wont work. That I am beyond help. Need advice

catfish2

Post by catfish2 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:21 pm

My anxiety is overwhelming. It is taking over my body. I think the medications that I am taking isn't working. I'm still real shaky and restless. Plus the pressure in my head is killing me. I can't sit still. I've had anxiety and depression for 8 years. Does anybody have any suggestions? What should I do? Thanks.

coach21

Post by coach21 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:03 pm

Hey Guys,

Coley429 I recall believing that I was beyaond help prior to investing in this program. I've learned however, that when you believe your beyond help you feel as through your beyond help. Reality is this program has served as an impetus for thousands to recovery from debilitating anxiety and depression ultimately re-establishing their confidence. Right now you have established and reinforced a belief that you are beyond help. You are now going to develop and implement a skill set that will challenge and "put the lie" to these irrational beliefs. Reality is when we inject seeds of belief in these irrational, worrisome, depresssing, anxious thoughts we find ourself in a circle of anxiety & depression. When we challenge these thoughts consistently in writing with reality based rational responses we tend to perceive our paradigm (world view) in the proper light. I strongly suggest doing the excerices in this program despite how you feel and invest in The Feeling Good Handbook by Dr. Burns. Make sure you get the handbook and do his suggested excercises as well. This book really helps you when you get to session three because you are given structure in how to dismantle the belief in the anxious/depressed thoughts and beliefs you've been reinforcing.

Catfish2... In regards to your statement "It is taking over my body...". Reality is their is no "it". All we are taking about is our belief in an abyss of automatic, irrational thoughts. When I first received help for my anxiety I found that by reffering to my anxiety as "it", "they", "attacks" ect.. I manufactured an entity. Our brain consequently perceives this as such and manufactures the boogey man. Before we know it we are saying to ourselves"It is taking over my body...".

I strongly suggest you start with this program and follow through with the suggested excercises. I also recommend the aforementioned book The feeling Good Handbook by Dr. Burns and do his suggested excercises as well. You can recover Catfish2....Your no diffrent than thousands before you who have successfully re-established their confidence. Despite how you feel set up a plan of recovery and stick to it. God has put the people and places in place for your recovery. It's up to us to put action behind our faith. God Bless and go for it!!!!!

catfish2

Post by catfish2 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:05 pm

Coach 21,
Thanks for all your advice. I'm going to stick with the program and see if it really helps me.

catfish2

Post by catfish2 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:15 pm

scott when when you find something that helps you please let me know!

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”