Week one questions

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
tofino

Week one questions

Post by tofino » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:28 pm

HI there,
I am starting this program as a new approach to learning how to change my pattern of thinking, off SSRI medication, and taking naturopathic remedies. I would say since I started the remedies I feel about 40-60% more calm and able to think, I have finished week 1 and i AM BEGINNING WEEK 2.
It was reassuring to me that there were many people that have similar fears that I have ie; going crazy, fear of harming myself or others. Although I find my anxiety this week has peeked, but I wonder if it is because I am starting my cycle-that always seems to throw me into a tail spin for a few days.
I am feeling guilty trying to complete these sessions entirely while I run a household and organize my family-but I realize that I need these skills to help me stay calm and better prepared for what life throws my way. I recently read a quote that hit home..."life is what happens while you are making other plans" that is what my thought are like to me...when I least expect it, a scary or irrational fear or thought grips me and makes me feel horrible. I look forward to the day I can use my protective positive thoughts to combat this way of thinking.
Isn't it aweful to be so scared of your own thoughts?
I am taking this course as it comes and although I plan to follow the schedule, I realize that some weeks I may need to go back to this week to keep myself in check...I cannot be superwoman ANYMORE.
I wish everyone in this program all the best of luck because I am certain there is light at the end of this program.

candid

Re: Week one questions

Post by candid » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Hi, I received my materials last Wednesday. I was so excited to see the box, however when I opened it and leafed through the workbook, my eyes saw the words " do you feel embarassed". I started crying because those words are huge for me. That is exactly how I feel, especially around my friends. That evening I started lesson 1 and began to learn how many more symptoms I had that I did not realize were part of anxiety. The last few days have been rough due to the loss of a loved one. Today I had to use my skills while dealing with a rude retail clerk. I need to keep my attitude in check too.

n2stc

Re: Week one questions

Post by n2stc » Thu May 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Isn't it funny how coming across a phrase like that causes tears? I had the same response to some of the material which hit home. All the best on your journey.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”