Week One Hairy Ride

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
finallyhere

Week One Hairy Ride

Post by finallyhere » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:39 am

It's Sunday and Fianllyhere is Stillhere. Don't know if I'll officially change my handle. I started the program as a person with some 'life' experience. I am familiar with lots of what the program is going to cover, but was never ready to, or practical enough to to see anything through. Sort of drop it and move on. I was realistic and knew week 1 would begin with a sense of relief but also it was going to be hellish. As I move on to week 2, I can say my expectations were correct. But I am still here and looking forward to the second tape. dont' remember who said they were sort of rushing through it because they needed relief so much right now, you sound younger than me, this program as I see it after week 1 needs to be taken 'as directed'. Major goal is learning the process of slowing down. Tried to something with my mind aware of what i was doing, rushing and botched it even though i was thinking about what i was doing, tried it again slowly and Perfection!
Looking forward to week 2. What I learned by the end of week 1, relax, use the tape EVERYDAY. I missed two days due to the heat, didn't sleep well, job stress. Saturday still wired, did the tape 3 times in a row. Boy was I tense. Every part of my body was sore. Correction, I was a mess physically and mentally. Keep that journal.. I'm not reading what I have already written. No edits. Boy some of the stuff that came out on paper-Friday was over 6 pages, lost count, but a lot of negative growing up stuff that was always there but seldom thought of, is out the door. If I have to revisit stuff, at least I have a lot of the issues on paper. And it's NOT a to do list. That's a relief right there. Maybe later, I'll read it and wonder why I was so hung on things I had no control of and aren't going on right now. Hang in there week 1 peeps. Hope to see you online in session 2.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”