am i going crazy?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
crusader

am i going crazy?

Post by crusader » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:40 am

I am really really afraid that i am... am i? i dont even know why im scared that i am... i seem to be fine i guess. i know who i am and where i am and whats going on and who everyone is. i just feel diffrent. like i have never felt before in my whole life! and im 29... is this it for me.finally im losing my mind now and im going to end up in a mental place? =/ it gives me anxiety to think this. I pray to GOD it wont happen... i can't go crazy... I dont want to hurt myself or others. but im afraid if i go crazy id try suicide... i dont want to now but if i did go crazy i couldnt stand to live that way... to me dieing isnt even as bad. im not afraid to die, or to be embarassed...im afraid of losing my mind.... please someone help me. nobody has called me from the center to check if IM ok like they did others, and nobody returns my calls or messages either... why wont anyone help me??? is it because i didnt pay in full... i just didnt have the money =/

garyhermesch52

Re: am i going crazy?

Post by garyhermesch52 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Greetings Crusader,
I don't know if you are really deep into clinical depression or not, but I'm thinking from reading your post that what
is going on is something that we do to ourselves, according to the program. And we can't just 'stop doing it to ourselves'
because we really can't help it. We need a specific set of instructions, according to them, that involve changing
our behavior, which is caused by our personality, which is determined by our past, our genetic makeup, etc. But our
behavior is what causes our anxiety. So the instructions are to give us skills to change our behavior and then change
the way we think. Try to reassure yourself that you're not going crazy and then think of something like I know I've got
a lot of potential. Like when I get through this, think of how much I will have learned from the experience that I will
be able to use to help other people. If things seem terrible one day, try to just make it through it and hope for a
better day tomorrow. I would suggest you keep working on the program
according to the schedule as best you can, because education is a big key to understanding what is going on. The
more we understand about what is going on the less we will be afraid of it and the less we will end up mentally running
from it. Knoweldge really is power. Just thought I'd give my 2 cents worth, for what its worth. Good luck.
Just one more thought. I happen to think that everything that happens to us, no matter how bad it seems, we will
eventually see it had a good or necessary effect on us.

crusader

Post by crusader » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:41 pm

garyhermesch52 wrote:Greetings Crusader,
I don't know if you are really deep into clinical depression or not, but I'm thinking from reading your post that what
is going on is something that we do to ourselves, according to the program. And we can't just 'stop doing it to ourselves'
because we really can't help it. We need a specific set of instructions, according to them, that involve changing
our behavior, which is caused by our personality, which is determined by our past, our genetic makeup, etc. But our
behavior is what causes our anxiety. So the instructions are to give us skills to change our behavior and then change
the way we think. Try to reassure yourself that you're not going crazy and then think of something like I know I've got
a lot of potential. Like when I get through this, think of how much I will have learned from the experience that I will
be able to use to help other people. If things seem terrible one day, try to just make it through it and hope for a
better day tomorrow. I would suggest you keep working on the program
according to the schedule as best you can, because education is a big key to understanding what is going on. The
more we understand about what is going on the less we will be afraid of it and the less we will end up mentally running
from it. Knoweldge really is power. Just thought I'd give my 2 cents worth, for what its worth. Good luck.
Just one more thought. I happen to think that everything that happens to us, no matter how bad it seems, we will
eventually see it had a good or necessary effect on us.
Thank you so much, I have been telling myself that its ok. that this spacey feeling in normal for what im going through. that things looking unreal is normal for me... thank you for reaching out ot help me =) i appriciate that very much.God bless you...and your right when this passes things will be better for me and i will accomplish all the things i should have by now...

suggy

Post by suggy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:09 pm

Last edited by suggy on Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garyhermesch52

Post by garyhermesch52 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:45 pm

Crusader,
It just dawned on me that I think a good example of what they talk about in session 3 about self talk is when you
said something about eventually accomplishing the things you should have by now. What they advise in session 3
is to give yourself more of a break. Who says you should have accomplished such and such by now. That thought is
sort of beating yourself up, according to them. According to them, its sort of negative and is part of
the problem that eventually leads to having those spacey feelings, etc. Because it doesn't really make you feel good or soothed,
does it? And really its not even necessarily true. So instead of saying "I should have accomplished this by now or I
should have accomplished that by now, they say that you'll be doing yourself a favor by thinking thoughts like
"Really I'm doing pretty darn well to have gotten this program and becoming educated about this condition and just to
be trying and working on it is pretty darn impressive." Isn't a thought like that sort of being kinder to yourself. And really its
more true.
And thinking like that will eventually get us over anxiety, depression, etc. But it will take time and practice. They go into it depth in session 3, but
I would suggest, if you can to do the sessions more or less in order because thats the way they supposedly work the best.

polkadot

Post by polkadot » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:11 pm

You are not going crazy, I PROMISE!!! Do not give up!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!! YOU will overcome, not matter how much you believe you won't, YOU CAN!! I have faith in everyone here, that we can all overcome all these feelings and emotions that we have let get the better of us. You do have control, I promise, do not let your emotions take the wheel, take charge of them. If you have to get mad and yell and punch some pillows that your thoughts and patterns are going crazy (of course do this by yourself, and it doesn't mean you are crazy to express your emotions), DO SO, cry if you have to!

Exactly how long has this been going on? and what exactly is your fear that you will do?

Remember saying what you are thinking does not mean you will do it, it's good to let it out, no matter how crazy you think you are, there is always someone else that can relate.

I'm praying for you!! :)

crusader

Post by crusader » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:03 pm

thank you all and what im afraid of most is being stuck like this forever, not im over the going crazy phase, now it is being dizzy all the timme i get headaches and feel just sick =/

aksunset

Post by aksunset » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:10 am

omg this dizziness all the time is bs.. and feeling sickly, in the same boat with you... i do have sinus issues, but it stops now! oh gosh i thot i have something wrong with my head like a brain tumor or something crazy :o

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”