Need a buddy!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Paisleegreen

Re: Need a buddy!

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:59 am

HI gogators! I'm glad you getting help from a Coach from here. I wouldn't rule out a Psychologist though if you can afford one. Yes, I agree family members seem to know all the answers when they have no clue what you're going through. Only my one sister did and she is the one that put me onto Lucinda and sent me her CDs. Before I got Lucinda's CDs I could call and we could talk. But that ended back in January as this sister has so many problems that she makes unwise decisions and now doesn't even have a phone she can call out on. That is a whole different story, but I'm grateful for her putting me onto Lucinda about a year ago at this time. I didn't quite understand anything about this program or her until a few months later she sent me the intro DVD and I came to the website.

My sister is so different from society's norm and probably has mental problems that none of us family members can totally help her out. Her anxiety and inability to live with other people keeps her isolated. She is older than me and hasn't been able to hold a job for years. So this is one of my sorrows is that until the court finds her in capable of handling her own finances which is SSI, she will always dig herself into a hole. My other family are not like her, so it is a hard things. Well, I hope today is a good one for you. Paislee

gogators

Post by gogators » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:11 am

Hi Paislee-
I am sorry for your sister's trouble. My entire family has hypochondriac tendancies, worry, etc. My grandmother was the worst. They wonder where I get it from! :D This is the start of Day 3 and I feel good! I woke up very anxious and then stopped myself. I layed in bed and did my deep breathing exercises and it stopped. I read my cards and reminded myself that this is a new day and I am going to make the most of it. If I feel anxious, so what. Float through! Hope you have a great day!

gogators

Post by gogators » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:15 am

Crusader -
Once I bought the program, they just called me and asked me how my first week went. I was having a bit of a bad day, so I figured it was God helping me out. They set up an appointment with a coach to call me. I bought the entire program at once. I don't know if that makes a difference. I love Joel Osteen! I also love Charles Stanley www.intouch.org. Great sermons. I have had the priviledge of hearing him preach in Atlanta several times. Great man! Hope you have a great day!

crusader

Post by crusader » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:52 pm

it might be that...i dont have the money to buy the whole thing at once. I wish that didnt matter in society. I wish everyone could be treated equally. I pray God helps me i had a weird episode lastnight. idk it was a diffrent kind of anxiety. i used the steps. worked through it and woke up this morn dreding getting up. if i woke up and feel that nervous paranoid anxiety i didnt want to face the day. my problem is it feels like somethings wrong but idk what it is....and if i do know or think i know and face it things just seem to stay the same. idk getting ready to start session 1 over again. i wish a caoch would call me or write back... not alot of people even use this forum. is there a chat room setting at all???

gogators

Post by gogators » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:43 am

Hi Crusader -
I spoke with my coach yesterday and she "jerked a knot in me." My panic has subsided. I think she was a gift from God. I have a book from Claire Weeks called "Hope and Help for your Nerves." In the book, there is a specific section on why the morning is so hard to face. That is because you are already expecting the worst. The symptoms have been there so long that you are waiting for them to arrive again. When you wait for them, they will come! Then you say, "see there, its still there." She says do NOT lay in the bed. Get up, get out, get busy and let the physcial symptoms come. The book helped me the first time I had panic attacks. When you figure out, what you are truly afraid of your panic will go away. Is is physical symptoms? My coach said to stay off the internet, throw away medical books, and if the symptoms come then LET THEM! They are unpleasant, but they can't and won't kill me! I am not dying of a disease, I do not have some underlying conditon, it is just my brain tricking me! I think its the devil! :D I will pray for you today. God found me an Angel yesterday and he will find one for you too. Hope this helps!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Gogators__You're doing great! You're helping others! I like what you said about Claire Weeks book. I don't have it, but I think I would like to get it. She gave perfect advice! It is true, I'm finding that I have to start moving my body to get the anxiety symptoms to go away first thing in the morning. Also, listening to a relaxation CD whether it is Lucinda's or another one has made the difference.

It is true, I do start to think of all the things that are bothering me and I can see how that would affect my anxiety. Most recently we found out a dear neighbor is going to move. His family has been a part of ours for about 16 years give or take. And this family was close to my late son. So it is like another piece of me is "leaving". Not all of his family is moving out, just the younger kids and his wife. The older children will stay and rent his house. So another thing that is changing in my world, and as you know many of people with anxiety don't like changes. Paislee ;)

gogators

Post by gogators » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks Paislee. I have been gone since 9 am with no panic, no anxiety, no physical symptoms. I feel great! I thought to myself, "could it be this easy." Then I said, "YES"!!! I created the panic by continuing to think "what if." I stopped! I am back in the "real world." People that have tired minds like us are easily suggestable. We think about what will happen tonight and tomorrow and next week. You just have to think about now! Leaving the house is key. Did I feel like leaving, NO. But I did and I started to feel like my old self. You can't sit around the house all day with your thoughts. They will kill you. No medical books, no web md, no comparing physical symptoms with friends. I am a registered nurse and when I read Claire Weeks book and she explained the physical symptoms in the book, I was no longer afraid of them. They didn't disappear immediately, but they just didn't matter anymore. I have also tried to control my analyzing. I can analyze everything to death! I just told myself STOP!!!!!! It worked. I may have a slip up in the future, but I don't care. I am not afraid of anxiety anymore!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Gogators! Super! I've been analyzing everything as well! :lol: I really had to just stop thinking so much about the future and what's wrong with my house and yard. Ugh. :roll: Also, I took action on something that my husband suggested a month ago, and when I would ask questions he would be a bit upset, but if I'm planning a trip, I need details. It was more the person that had the details who was causing the problems so finally, I got "permission" to call this person to get first hand knowledge.

I will be venturing out to the mountains and lake resort area, where I haven't been for years. It will be fun but full of memories of when I did things with my children when they were younger and now they are adults. So it will be a new experience, and I might not have any family members with me. It was at first going to be for a week, then part of a week, and now it is the middle of the week. So at least I get to go and it is finalyzed. So I'm excited to do this adventure post first panic attack and after recovering from it and dealing with Empty Nest syndrome and few anxiety symptoms, but not debilitating. I will get to take a lovely mountain drive which I'm looking forward to, and prefer to drive myself, not be the passenger. If I'm on my own, I will enjoy that even better. ;) Paislee :mrgreen:

gogators

Post by gogators » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Paislee, I am going out of town as well. I am leaving tomorrow morning with my mom and twin on a shopping trip. I just got back from my nephews birthday party. No anxiety! Nothing! I decided to actually listen when people talk, shut my mind off, and live! Life is great! You'll have a blast! Talk to you later next week.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Okay, have fun! I can't believe it is Thursday already! Paislee :mrgreen:

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”