Depression and anxiety have been killing me

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
finallyhere

Depression and anxiety have been killing me

Post by finallyhere » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Hello to everyone. For now I am known only as Finallyhere. This is day one for me. I need all the support and suggestions I can get. I don't remember any time in my life that I have not been depressed and anxious, and I have a lot of years behind me. My daughter told me to drive myself to the hospital today, she can't deal with the level of my depression anymore. I found this program 3 or so years ago and finally in desparation opened it today. It is my last ditch effort before I check into the ER again. Something has to change. I can't go on like this. Here is help right in front of me. AA didn't work for me. I really didn't want to sit around talking about how alcohol has ruined my life. Some of the meds the doctor put me on made things really bad. I started suffering with vertigo about 3 years ago, many hospitaliztions for it. I wanted to talk about how much trouble I have socializing. The disappointment of my life. I am not drinking now, and want to deal with the real stuff to fix my life. Oh and by the way, I had vision sugery 2 months ago and the vertigo has virtually stopped. Now I need to get the rest of my life in order. My mental attitude and I would appreciate any and all help. Can't wait for day 2 tomorrow. :roll:

ElectrifiedBrain

Re: Depression and anxiety have been killing me

Post by ElectrifiedBrain » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:39 am

First, do one week at a time. Don't try to rush things, because that can make your anxiety worse. Listen to the relaxation CD or tape a lot, preferably 3 times per day. Do the workbook. Listen to the session CD or tape at least three times per week. Learn the materials as much as you are comfortable with before moving on. If you have to take two weeks to do a particular lesson, that's OK. Remember that there is no one right way to do this program, but you have to do it if you want to get any results out of it.
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." - Unknown

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:37 am

Welcome Finally Here! I hope that you will have success while being here. Electrified Brain gave you some excellent advice. Paislee :mrgreen:

Mother of 2

Post by Mother of 2 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Hi I have been suffering from vertigo for the past 6-7 months. I'm curious how eye surgery helped you and why the decided to do surgery? I had an episode in Feb and my vision went so bad I couldn't drive or work. I was also pregnant at the time so no doctors would touch me. Since this has happened I have been depressed cause I'm scared I'll never feel the way I use to feel prior to this episode.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”