The WHOLE program

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
smallkat1

The WHOLE program

Post by smallkat1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:59 am

I tried to start my program today; but am now confused. After looking online and reading the guidebook it seems I don't have all the materials?... I only have the audio. When looking on the front webpage, there is videos and so much more?

Also a Journel? - Is this my one notebook I use and start. And I am very lost on the instructions of how to start and what to do with it.

Honestly the whole Weekly Schedule left me lost and confused, and am now shameful and discouraged. When it says "Observe" is this what I do in my journel? Ahhh the journel idea gives me straight up anxiety!

How do I be a Mental Observer?!

And the no Stimulants? Is this really necassary? Never a day in my life have I not had caffine or sugar.

Oh goodness I am ridiculous! Hope someone can help with my questions.... thank you.

ElectrifiedBrain

Re: The WHOLE program

Post by ElectrifiedBrain » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:16 pm

If you don't have the DVDs, then no, you don't have the whole program. Also, eliminating caffeine and sugar is necessary, yes, but as with anything else, you should cut down gradually to minimise withdrawal symptoms, not eliminate it all at once, which can make your anxiety worse.
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." - Unknown

finallyhere

Post by finallyhere » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi. Don't know why you're missing tapes. How big was the box your program came in? Mine was 15x12x5.5. The journal is just a piece of paper that you write down what you did that day. Observation could be as simple as having a good conversation with someone, to like what I did today. Had a bit of a panic and ran out at lunch after a stressful meeting, and getting a caffeine diet soda and a pack of cigarettes. Making a note of how you felt, in the morning, afternoon, evening. I just started a word document on the computer, called it Journal, and started by writing Day 2, then all the stuff that happened. It's just so you can keep track of things that happen from day to day. You should probably call one of the program coaches at 1 800 511-8999 to ask about what materials you have. That would be a start. Don't get discouraged. It took me 4 years just to open the box. Talk about slow. Please let me know if you need help..I'm not the best, but at least I know I have all the materials (though it did take me a while to sort through everything). Hang in there. Finallyhere

li1d4r

Post by li1d4r » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:33 pm

I work StressCenter... if you dont have the DVD's it is because you did not order the Deluxe Program. The program as it is today is 15 CD's and a relaxation CD as guide book and carry along cards you may also recieve a Welcome CD-DVD it just depends on which program you purchased the standard or the deluxe.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”