Just started!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
higley

Just started!

Post by higley » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:48 pm

well im just getting started listened to the first session and the relaxation cd last night, i struggle with anxiety and i am the best "what if "thinker there is. my only concern is that i think that my anxiety is root from a heart condition i have had for about 13 years. and has left me with zero self confidence and self esteem i hope this program can lead me to peace of mind and self control

RedSoxGirl77

Re: Just started!

Post by RedSoxGirl77 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:59 pm

What is your heart condtion? I have issues w/ my heart that I always thought caused my anxiety/depression but now I'm thinking it really may be the other way around. I just started session 1 today. I bought the program over a year ago and never quit before I fully completed it so I'm starting over.

tz2cute

Post by tz2cute » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:26 am

I just received the program yesterday and listened to the first cd and relaxation tape. I have been diagnosed with ocd...mainly intrusive thoughts that I am hurting my children. I am severely depressed and have severe anxiety. I hope this program will help me, but I too am a negative thinker..a what if thinker..and just plain skeptical. I am also confused on how the cds work...do I listen to each lesson everyday for a week because I have already completed the homework in the guidebook.

It is hard for me to admit something is wrong with me...I would love nothing more than to wake up and this all be gone. I am scared that this program won't help me...I want it to, but what if it doesn't? Then what? Do I just continue to live this way?

KAMO

Post by KAMO » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:57 pm

tz2cute wrote:I just received the program yesterday and listened to the first cd and relaxation tape. I have been diagnosed with ocd...mainly intrusive thoughts that I am hurting my children. I am severely depressed and have severe anxiety. I hope this program will help me, but I too am a negative thinker..a what if thinker..and just plain skeptical. I am also confused on how the cds work...do I listen to each lesson everyday for a week because I have already completed the homework in the guidebook.

It is hard for me to admit something is wrong with me...I would love nothing more than to wake up and this all be gone. I am scared that this program won't help me...I want it to, but what if it doesn't? Then what? Do I just continue to live this way?
Hi tz2cute, Don't even think that this program won't help you, or you are defeated before you even start. Go into it with the mindset that this is exactly what you need to resolve your anxiety and depression issues. You should listen to each session CD 3 times a week, or more if you want to, and do the relaxation CD 3 times a day, or whenever you feel you need it. I do my workbook after the first time I listen to that CD, then read over it again during the week after I've listened to the CD's again. I'm only on Session 6, but for me Session 2 has helped more than anything so far and I've gone back to that one often. Does your doctor have you on any medication? I deal with anxiety attacks and the "what if" syndrome, but since my doctor put me on Clonazepam and Citalopram (Celexa), which I take before bedtime, my anxiety attacks are not as frequent. Good luck to you and please keep us updated on how it's going for you. Having God in your life works wonders!

tz2cute

Post by tz2cute » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Hello...I am currently on Clonazepam for anxiety as well...and Luvox CR for my OCD and depression...so far it doesn't seem the Luvox CR is working...I have been taking 300mg for 3 weeks...I mean I don't know how long it is supposed to take to work...since every person is different...I just feel if I could get out of being depressed...I would be able to tackle this with a more positive attitude. Don't get me wrong...I absolutely want this program to help me...I have just always been strong...and don't like that I feel helpless...like my brain is no longer in my control. It is just really hard for me. Thank you for your words...I am here to talk to as well...this is all very new to me so bear with me. Thank you...God Bless!!

Racheeroo

Post by Racheeroo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi All,
I just started the program today too. I have had the series for a while but am going through a particularly difficult period as I was recently been laid off - bummer! This has really sent me into an anxiety spin as I have to face so many fears to put myself out there and find a new job. I need all the support I can get right now, negative self-talk is really killing me and I want more than anything to find my peace, optimism and confidence. I look forward to going through this process with you and hope we can all succeed together!

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”