Started today

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
JDYarny

Started today

Post by JDYarny » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:39 pm

I'm new to this board (and program) and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but today was the day I started the program. I am 25 and received the program from my mother who has also gone through the program. I was sometimes an anxious child for big events or tests but my mental state has seemed to tip over the edge recently. I had my first panic attack this February after my grandmother died. Since then my family pet has died. I had another panic attack while driving on a three hour trip. It was terrifying. And this May I graduated from law school. I am now currently studying to take two bar exams at the end of July. While I used to have bouts of anxiety while studying for tests, I am now living daily with anxiety and very frequent panic attacks. Needless to say, studying has been difficult.
I am hoping that this program can help me. Today I watched the coaching dvd and listened to the audio. I'm going to try and diligently follow the suggested schedule from the guidebook.

lisaniebla

Re: Started today

Post by lisaniebla » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:16 pm

congratulations on your new start! have you listened to session 1? i think it is there that she reminds us that no one has ever died from a panic attack. i know it seems like that is what is happening, but in reality, WE are controlling what is happening to our bodies. i do recommend that you follow the program as listed. many of the activities are designed to reroute our previous reactions and take control of the attacks before they happen. it seems like a lot at first, but there really is a purpose for each section. thanks for reminding me about the coaching DVD! i have let that component go and i really need to incorporate that part, too. i really wish you the best. please do not give up before you reach your goal!!!

Arat

Re: Started today

Post by Arat » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:58 pm

I have been through the program two times...it has helped each time. Recently I had a bad mammogram and have to schedule a needle aspiration. I am terrified! The panic is back big time! I am away on a long weekend with my husband and ruining it! My tapes are home and I will restart tomorrow night! I have to find the strength to beat this panic. Please pray for me. Thank you!

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”