Doing this correctly OR Overthinking???

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
lisaniebla

Doing this correctly OR Overthinking???

Post by lisaniebla » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:55 pm

hi! this is my very first post. i am now very used to the Facebook format and i must admit that this Forum format does cause a certain level of anxiety for me as well. i am going to commit to work thru it and just keep pushing thru all of my fears with this program whether large or small.

i am finding that i am overthinking many aspects of this program. i think Lucinda mentioned that in the first session or the welcome cd. i just want to make sure i am doing things correctly. i am here in session one although i am actually working on session two. i just don't feel like i did the first session correctly (failed to do the session cards, did not do relaxation cd at least once a day, etc) , so i am doing it again. of course that is confusing me even more: working on two sessions at once! why am i doing that??? ok... i will commit to finish the rest of the week on session 1, then start session two next week, then one session per week thereafter...

i find myself "pefectionalizing" things quite a bit. when i uploaded a backup copy of the cds onto my laptop, i started getting obsessed with how they were titled and almost completely lost focus of the main goal to LISTEN to them!

major stressors for me right now are the disorganization of my home and the terrible state of my finances.

i'd love to go thru the program with a new friend, a small group, or some combination thereof (if there could be such a thing ;) ). please send me a private message if this meets your goal as well. i think i would be much more prone to follow it thru to completion if i do...

i am looking forward to a life no longer controlled by anxiety, depression, and fear, but by my overall drive and creativity. wishing the same for you.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”