Anyone else feel this way??

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
jessiesnake

Anyone else feel this way??

Post by jessiesnake » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:34 pm

I began the program in March 2011. Did approximately 6 lessons or so....felt better. Thought I had it under control. Then about 2 weeks ago I began getting anxious, but not to the point of panic. Yet.

I have been handling several different issues (not that profound) lately, but have allowed them to overwhelm me and "bam" the anxiety has returned. Had a panic attack several days ago in the middle of the night.....now my brain knows what it is....and I tell myself I know what it is (self talk) but still here I am not quite as bad as in March, but nonetheless, dealing with it again. I am going to go through the program again to get back on track.

It almost feels like I was feeling better and got scared about feeling better and needed to feel the anxiety because it was familiar....anyone else feel that way?

lisaniebla

Re: Anyone else feel this way??

Post by lisaniebla » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:14 pm

hi, jessie!
i am just starting the program, but i purchased it before over a decade ago when there were only tapes! :lol:
no, you are certainly not alone there. one thing i try to remind myself is that
1. i should not give up before the program is done
2. i should follow it as listed to get results. that means the cards, relaxation, breathing, session, this forum, etc. it must ALL be done in order for it to work.

i have had to be put on 72 hour holds before and it is very much like the "group" sessions we had to go thru there, but i think this is much better. we are training ourselves to take responsibility for what we are going through and be consistent to achieve results.

one way i try to take myself out of some of what i am going thru also is to focus on what others are concerned about here or to help someone else. my goal will be to try to respond to at least two other people here (especially those who have not received a response yet) before i post my own personal problem. i have not been that active here yet, but that is my goal. helping others CAN help you feel better and less anxious. it is like it removes you from yourself AND your problems for a little while!

you are right about the anxiety being familiar. humans tend to do that. it is why people do any number of things that make no sense. we are at least used to the pain and that becomes more comfortable than the scary feeling of change. i hope to get to know u better and i do encourage you to follow the program as it is outlined. hopefully i will talk to you later.
:D

Sheimne

Re: Anyone else feel this way??

Post by Sheimne » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Hello there!
Your not the only one that feels that way.. I did the same thing and im back at square one.. This time im alil more scared.. :? Trying to find myself again.. Doing the program from 1 and im gonna do the whole program and get the results i asked for.. Dont stop!!! I wish you the best and keep ur head up.. :)

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”