I know what it is, why do I let it come back!!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
jessiesnake

I know what it is, why do I let it come back!!

Post by jessiesnake » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:32 pm

I began the program in March 2011. Did approximately 6 lessons or so....felt better. Thought I had it under control. Then about 2 weeks ago I began getting anxious, but not to the point of panic. I have been handling several different issues (not that profound) lately, but have allowed them to overwhelm me and "bam" the anxiety has returned. Had a panic attack several day ago in the middle of the night.....now my brain knows what it is....and I tell myself I know what it is (self talk) but still here I am. I am going to go through the program to get back on track. It almost felt like I was feeling better and got scared about feeling better and needed to feel the anxiety because it was familiar....anyone else feel that way?

Laurence5905

Re: I know what it is, why do I let it come back!!

Post by Laurence5905 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:34 am

Anybody who's been through the entire program would tell you, "it's because you stopped after lesson 6." And that might be the case...

I've known what my panic attacks are for over 16 years now, and simply knowing what they were was a relief at first... But that hasn't helped me control them...

If the whole program could fit in six lessons, they'd only publish six lessons... Go back and finish the program -- if it worked that well for you in only six lessons, then you might be one of the lucky ones who gets through the whole thing and never has to worry about this problem again. Maybe start over with the whole program and do what you did before with the first six lessons, just don't stop this time...

Best of luck!
L.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”