relaxation tape- hard to find time

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
CarolM

relaxation tape- hard to find time

Post by CarolM » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:03 pm

anyone having a hard time finding time to do the relaxation tape? i guess i'm putting it off. just the thought of trying to sit thru it....... i'd just rather do anything else.

BrittanyK

Re: relaxation tape- hard to find time

Post by BrittanyK » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi Carol,
I am having a hard time to find the time to listen to the relaxation session also. After listening to it once, I feel like I wont have time to do it two more times a day. I would rather be doing something else also. I am trying to push myself to do the relaxation session, because I really want to overcome my anxiety.

CarolM

Post by CarolM » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:41 am

I think i read or heard on the lesson tape that we are suppose to participate in the relaxation tape once a day and the other 2 times play it while we are doing other things like getting dressed or cleaning. i'm not sure though i can't find were i read that... You put it in perspective though when you said
I am trying to push myself to do the relaxation session, because I really want to overcome my anxiety
your right i need to remember that. :)

lisaniebla

Post by lisaniebla » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:22 pm

hi! i am also finding it hard to make time. i have a busy 3 year old and... well, surely i can come up with more excuses! probably more than "finding time" is the seeming inability to quiet my mind enough for it to really do its job. i guess that is why we are supposed to do this 3 times a day. it is a training that we must undergo so that our bodies will revert to these techniques in stead of our normal stress response. i would encourage you to challenge yourself to figure out how to fit it in. often before my kids wake up is a good time. even if u have to hide yourself in the bathroom for 15 mins! :lol: YOU are worth it. hope u can work it out...

lovehopefaith

Post by lovehopefaith » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Finding time isn't that hard for me. It is only 15 minutes long, but I only have me and my dog to worry about. I don't have any excuess to not do it..... my problem is that I fall asleep everything I listen to it. Does anyone else do this. I don't know if I am just that relaxed or just tired. I also find it hard to clear my mind. Since I am laying there on my bed trying to relax I start to think of things I need to get done and so one. But the thing I have the most trouble with is falling asleep during this relaxation time....

polkadot

Post by polkadot » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:26 pm

Even though we are supposed to listen to at least two or three times a day, I only listen to it once. I listen to it right before I go to bed, its the only time I have. I let it run till I fall asleep. I think as long as you are doing it, it is helping. Also trying to fit it in, even if you fall asleep will help and eventually get you used to it and try it during other times of the day.

You can do it!! Don't give yourself the option, just do it! :)

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”